COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

A legit medical doctor, ladies and gentlemen!

2 Likes

Everyone around me doesn’t care about COVID again so I’m sure to be POZZED up in the near future. I’ve been over the top cautious but you can’t fix stupid and I don’t have the option to work from home or not send my kid to daycare (because I can’t work from home).

Here’s to hoping I run good because I’m surrounded mostly by deplorable morons.

10 Likes

I have a couple friends who are neurosurgeons. They’re smart af obviously, but they need their ego chopped at a bit, so I like to needle them about how hard it could be to be a neurosurgeon if Ben Carson is one.

14 Likes

Judge says he’s now leaning toward extending the county’s shutdown order.

he’s now leaning toward extending the county’s shutdown order.

leaning toward extending the county’s shutdown

leaning toward extending

leaning toward

leaning

2 Likes

lol, that may mean the $$$ spent on warp speed are gone, and vaccine will have to be covered by something else. gov’t will probably pay for essentials, and everyone else will have to go through insurance. can practically hear mcconnell laughter.

It is just a damn shame that Pfizer didn’t Comey the announcement. You hate to see it.

1 Like

Travel nursing jobs are now nearing $200/hr. That is almost double what most were paying just a month ago. That is a really ominous sign.

5 Likes

Your pony is leaning towards the glue factory

As long as they have extra morgue trucks…

I would use this.

1 Like

Hopefully it gets R0 < 1 and crushes the curve - I’d stay pretty locked down and keep avoiding bars/restaurants and such until it’s basically eradicated from the region. I’d start engaging in more activities, but with masks.

If we need 82% immunity to get herd immunity, we would need just a hair over 90% of people to take a 90% effective vaccine or acquire immunity the hard way. If we only need 70% for herd immunity, it would be just under 80% we need to take it.

So I’m a customer service manager for a grocery store. For the last several months, I’ve been working 3p-12 3 days a week because my wife and I are not comfortable sending our 20 month old son to daycare. She WFH and we pretty much don’t go anywhere with him unless it’s open air. Basically we’ve taken this very seriously. Well I was just told by my store manager today that they cannot continue to accommodate my schedule. So we either have to send our kid to daycare and basically guarantee that he’ll catch this thing, or I’ll have to step down in the next couple of months, which is financially unfeasible.

Fuck this fucking disease, man. I don’t blame my manager. I get it and I’m incredibly grateful that they’ve been so flexible up to this point. But I have absolutely no idea what I’m supposed to do here and every option flat out sucks.

22 Likes

Catching up

1 ignore/mute are wonderful tools
2 frozen doses hard but solvable with dedication and competence in first world countries. Harder in 2nd world. Very hard in 3rd world. Will need better temp tolerance
3 sign me up for the vaccine as long as there is no trump factor in its development.
4 CFB is getting way out of control. I doubt it makes it out of November without a serious timeout.
5 Izzo? Nooooooooooooooooooo
6 gritty. Everyone’s avatar should be gritty unless you already have a another very cool mascot avatar like Sparty.

3 Likes

One problem I have been thinking about with a -80c vaccine is going to be if everyone needs to take the vaccine every year. Pulling off a rollout once might be feasible but commandeering the military permanently might not be. So hopefully one of the vaccines that is more easily stored comes through as well. That or immunity from the vaccine is long lasting.

Sounds like a great use of military resources.

I’d rather have them doing that than whatever they’ve been doing for the past several decades.

8 Likes

Well of course but do you really see that happening?

Especially with two doses needed, doubles up the logistics.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/business/status/1325950862666166275

https://twitter.com/ConnorSouthard/status/1325954448078729217

8 Likes

I smell STONKS!

Brining things back around on topic-

My county of 290,000 had 5 kids between 0 and 9 years old test positive today. Assuming it’s a daycare or school (schools are serving some highly vulnerable or special needs kids in person), or I guess it could be a large family…