COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

My mom straight-up announced to me that we are simply not going to have Thanksgiving dinner this year. Saves me the hassle of telling her it’s a bad idea. It’s a peculiar experience having a Boomer mom who also has a basic working knowledge of epidemiology.

I’ve only missed Thanksgiving dinner with the parents like four times in my entire life. I think I might make Irish stew or something. Or maybe a pot roast.

12 Likes

It really is a strange thing. My mother is the same with the illness and still being a Trump supporter though less enthusiastic this time around. She’s found a way around it by blaming Andrew Cuomo and Bill De Blasio.

1 Like

I usually miss Thanksgiving anyway. Christmas is going to be a lot of whining and maybe my Mom threatening to come to LA instead. Which I guess would be less risky than our big family gathering.

https://twitter.com/GregHuntMP/status/1322785155224920064

Well done Oz :sunglasses:

7 Likes

YOU HAVE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE!

3 Likes

Real or Onion:

There’s a sequel to Plandemic making the rounds:

Plandemic II: Indoctornation

“turning a corner”

That curve trending upwards is very concerning. Hopefully we won’t see the death curve follow a similar route.

If there is any good news to be taken from those charts is that it looks like treatment is much better now than in the first wave.

I think the only news from that graph is the US hasn’t had Covid during winter, yet.

Europe deaths curves panning out the same way - any improvement in treatments is marginal at best and negatated if / when flu season starts adding to the mix

GL all

UK expecting 2,000 deaths a day in reasonable best case scenario, if no lockdown - US might be different (not)

Remdesivir isn’t the only treatment for COVID out there.

1 Like

You say a lot of things with certainty that isn’t deserved

2 Likes

Thats what I was wondering.

I’ve been reading a lot about 85% less deaths then before because of treatments, why are we still getting 900+ deaths a day?

Number of positives is going through the roof right now thanks mostly to schools opening. I’m guessing we’re seeing fewer deaths than before because of better treatments and more of the pozzes are younger people.

2 Likes

Haven’t you heard? The doctors are just making up COVID deaths to get more money.

Treatment is better but hospital capacity is going to become an issue now and some states are already nearing capacity.

1 Like

Gee, that is strange. Well respected scientific bodies are reporting way more death (1.8x - 4x) than before. Surely, they are aware of these treatments

It will curve. There is no reason it won’t. Hospitalization is up strongly.

Jack Nicklaus says so

Not to mention, your favorite president does as well

1 Like