COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

My ex who I’m still friends with (who stayed with me in the spring) just told me her boss is pozzed. First symptoms Saturday, my friend was at her house for dinner Thursday night, they ate outside but spent 30 minutes together inside maskless.

Pretty sure they weren’t working in the office Thursday/Friday, thank God. So she’s got a chance to dodge this.

She’s like 29 or 30, couple underlying risks. She hasn’t been as careful as most of us, but more careful than 90% of the country and always wears her mask when out in public.

White girl from rural PA who grew up amongst deplorables but figured it out and came to the good side, and is actually capable of empathizing with others who aren’t from her backgroynd. Her heart has been broken for Breonna Taylor in particular and she wanted to go to the George Floyd protests but I talked her out of it because of the pandemic and her risks.

So point being she’s one of the good ones in PA and I really hope she gets lucky here. She also is voting on Election Day, and we just discussed it and agreed that she has to go vote no matter what. I’ll be giving her an N95 regardless of whether she’s pozzed, and she’ll take every precaution to protect others given her exposure, but she has to vote if she’s physically able.

She’s getting tested tomorrow, isolating as much as possible (she has two roommates).

1 Like

Fuck this sucks, she’s got like a minimum of 30 minutes of direct indoor exposure, a couple hours of indirect outdoor exposure, smear transmission risk from dinner together.

Her odds of fading this can’t be good.

The deadline for requesting a mail-in ballot is today, not sure if there is a time on that.

Yeah it was 5pm literally as we were discussing.

Shit my epilepsy has made me dumber. Man that is just brutal.

You know what else is brutal? The Czech Republic setting another record in cases per day. Looking at about 17,000 new cases today.

We also have a new Minister of Health! He’s gonna do well based on his view that covid19 is no worse than the flu. Yay.

What numbers do you consider good odds?

I think there’s an 80-90% chance she’s pozzed.

Challenge accepted

1 Like

It’s not a lock that talking with someone who
is contagious will get you pozzed. I haven’t heard of anyone contracting it at the 1st debate despite multiple people known contagious.

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah but being inside in the same room for 30 minutes, where the infected person likely spent the previous 30 mins, both maskless and likely moving around a bit…

I’m not feeling like her odds are great but there’s a chance. Then dinner for a few hours outside, but around a fire pit… Hopefully that was safe. (That part I think should be.)

Since we aren’t doing Trick or Treating we are gonna do a Nailed It! challenge.

The kids love that show so we’ll bake 4 cakes and each decorate it as well as we can to look somewhat like Halloween themed cakes we find online.

Then we’ll go get 1/2 priced bags of mixed candy at the store on Sunday for the annual candy fix.

Example from the show:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth my doctor said the percentage of people in the same house holds that gets covid is right under 50%. I’m assuming it’s that low because people take precautions.

And I don’t know where he got his numbers, it’s just what he told me.

If she’s pozzed and hopefully asymptomatic then when she’s negative again you should have a risk free “buddy”.

Feel free to invite me to the wedding. I’m local.

:rofl:

6 Likes

A+ move there

Yeah, but that’s good because they should still have a couple days of exposure before they find out. So maybe she’s only got like a 25% chance of getting pozzed.

1 Like

Ummm, should we be concerned that there’s been some mutation in Europe to trigger this insanity? Scaled up to the US population, that would be 500-600k cases. Surely cold weather isn’t enough to take you to 8 times as bad as the US from a standing start in two weeks

Don’t know.

Probably not though. The insanity in Europe is due to governments putting politics over public health.

When you look at Germany’s work compared to the rest of Europe, it’s pretty amazing.

Honestly, I have no idea what you mean exactly about the sharp edge if not the utter disaster that NYC faced before. That’s not going to happen again. Period.

Yeah this is an insane rate. Living in much closer proximity in general vs USA would explain some of it but surely not 8x.