COVID-19: Chapter 6 - ThanksGRAVING

I’m glad there is no free will because then I might feel bad about feeling bad.

Oh shit I still do.

2 Likes

The fact that so many good people have died from this virus while scum like Trump and Christie, who have every comorbidity on the book, walk out unscathed really solidifies my atheism.

17 Likes

It’s possible that Regeneron’s antibody treatment, administered early, is really effective. If so we’re fucked for a while because the billionaires and politicians have little to worry about and the rest of us won’t have access to it.

3 Likes

Trump ain’t a guarantee to come out unscathed.

At least not yet.

I hate those scumbags too, but I think the real reason Trump and Christie etc. are likely to survive has a lot to do with the fact that the overwhelming majority of people who contract COVID-19 survive. We have to remind ourselves that this is a good thing, not a bad thing.

1 Like

Mods once again failing to publicly log an action against a respected poster tsk tsk

Christie either :eyes:

7 Likes

I agree, but if they’re surviving because of a level of medical intervention that is not available to most people, that’s bad.

Was this fake news? Now I’m curious how the old boy is really doing?

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/1314714990004310016?s=20

1 Like

Lol I think that’s my favorite Trump meme

1 Like

Completely agree. And I wholeheartedly expect they are using their notoriety to decrease their mortality rates significantly (from a relatively small number to a relatively smaller-ish number).

I’m caught between thinking Trump has insisted on them getting the same treatment because one of his senior administration members fucking dying would put his re-election chances at 0%.

On the other hand, he’s a selfish piece of shit who might insist that treatment is only for the president.

“It’s the first time that, since we started doing this at the end of April, we predict that the hospital capacity will be reached,” said Dr. Luc Boileau, the president and director-general of INESSS.

What does this mean

That a lot of Europe has reached USA-ian levels of new infections based on a per capita scale

Trump’s probably out of the woods at this point.

1 Like

Cmon. No its not. Better than such an intervention exists than that it doesn’t.

Also assuming that Trump doesn’t relapse, it need not be because of Regeneron, It could be simply that most people get over it quick but we don’t log them into our statistics because they aren’t even tested. Or that he was lucky.

Or finally a decent possibility might be that his outcome was mainly caused by the fact that treatment started only a day or two after his first positive test (or more relevantly if we are to believe the timeline) after his last negative test. Of course if that is true it would mean that every person who isn’t isolating completely should be tested almost every day so that treatment can start quickly {and have a healthcare system that can handle that). At least old people.

In any case the Trump covid story should be studied closely no matter how you feel about him.

Is the typical hospitalized patient still pretty fatigued at this point? He was supposed to talk for 30 minutes and only did 18. Also no tweets this morning was weird - like he needed all that time to prep for his 18 minutes.

1 Like