COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

I’m sure he does. But that number will just keep shifting up endlessly.

3 Likes

E unum pluribus.

Much easier for some states. NJ probably could do it since it’s basically an island. Shut down the bridges from NYC and Philly/PA and the states pretty much isolated.

Would be such a massive shit show if any state tries though. NJ added Delaware to the quarantine list last week and Delaware lost their shit at a neighbor turning on them.

Yeah, standard tax rate for people who make reasonable money at 2/5 live is 0%.

Also, obviously, no one has any kind of reasonable idea what their win rate is live.

I’m genuinely concerned about my ability to enjoy life if/when this is all over, because I will have a festering rage for anyone who supported this administration and their handling of this pandemic. I can’t see sitting at a poker table and hearing the bullshit I know I’m going to hear.

3 Likes

I must be the only sucker who paid his taxes as a live pro.

Yea but you actually good lol. The rest of us are donks.

3 Likes

Yep.

I was a sucker and paid my taxes as a profitable recreational player.

2 Likes

All the other pros missed out on that sweet $1,200 stimulus check though, so who’s the real sucker?

3 Likes

I heard friend of a friend throw out a casual n-word as he watched news. I held my tongue out of courtesy to friend, whose spouse just died and whose house it was. Next day same dude opined on how the flu kills more and I went off on him, though it probably had more to do with residual resentment from before.

3 Likes

Hard r?

I’ve never had a waitress smoking while taking my order and I’ve lived all but 3.5 years of my life in the south

That’s how I took it. Still pissed at myself I didn’t find a way to call him out on it.

i grew up in the south, and one of my early memories is stopping for a late dinner at waffle house on a road trip and noticing that the waitress had a waffle iron burn on her arm

so i guess ymmv

1 Like

The Walmart neighborhood market I can walk to from my apartment just went to masks required. I’m sure I’ll have some Karen encounters to report soon.

1 Like

My mom just asked me what a Karen is. She is one to sometimes make life quite difficult for service, retail or other humans generally. I had to try to describe it without it sounding too much like her.

37 Likes

Small potatoes compared the the US I know but of the 216 new cases in Melbourne today only 30 were linked to known outbreaks. Much higher unknown transmission rates than previously in the pandemic here. Hopefully they got into their 6 week lockdown in time to throw a circuit breaker in there.

Side note, on like the first or second night of the lockdown a couple ambos* went to KFC at like 2am and saw 2 people ordering 20 meals lol. They were like “uhhhh” and called police, who followed up and found 16 people having a party. They were fined $A26,000 ($US 18,000).

• = Australianism for paramedics who work in ambulances
4 Likes

I had some W2-G’s, so I got mine.

1 Like