COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

Lol trump thinking ahead

For anyone concerned about Disney World re-opening tomorrow: have no fear, you stupid cowering lib. Disney will be requiring masks for guests*.

*Except at a handful of designated areas, including restaurants.

1 Like

No kink-shaming.

We seem to be getting to real crunch time. I’m really counting on the media to do their jobs and hammer the hell of out this stuff. Don’t let them get away with turning people away on some bogus waiting list to die.

I feel like if just about anyone else made this post, they would be having an appointment with 'Cuse in the misogyny thread.

3 Likes

so over the last couple of days I found out my 2nd cousin (big trump supporter who I’ve cut all ties with since i found out), his wife, and a few people I know have tested pozzz for covid. All of these fucking idiots decided to have a house party last weekend and what do you know now at least 10 people have covid (2 left to NY 2 days ago although one got tested and was negative). one of the people who has covid works at a hookah lounge that has been open illegally for at least a month before they were supposed to be open and that hookah lounge is owned by someone i know who is a douchebag and big time republican (prob trump supporter too)

people are fucking idiots and people should be prepared to ride this continuous wave for at least another year here in the US

4 Likes

It’s not going away anywhere in the world without a vaccine or herd immunity or I guess a freak beneficial mutation.

agreed but the wave the US is on is a different level compared to most of the world. hard to tell if a majority of people in this country will start taking it seriously, also it makes things so much worse that the government here refuses to help people

Is that real? What a fucking all American hero he was in not wearing one of those goddamn liberal commie pinko masks and not cancelling his holiday like the lamestream media told him to.

2 Likes

Not sure if Trumpers will be more scared of Chyyyna and Muslims or the virus even when people they know start dropping.

Incidentally, whatever happened to the Mexican rapists?

one of the most infuriating things, like pisses me off extremely, about this situation is that all of my family are muslim and majority of them are born outside of the US

If you dont mind me asking, how long have you all been in the US?

And also, if you don’t mind, where is your family from? And where in the US are you? Full bio. Come on.

A beneficial mutation won’t do anything unless it’s selected for and it’s hard to see where that selection pressure is coming from. I suppose in theory an even greater rate of asymptomatic cases would be a plus, but it would have to happen without compromising the virus’s ability to spread.

Yeah, like it becomes relatively harmless. It could spread a lot then. It’s in the same family as a lot of colds, right?

@ChrisV - I know you said something about Australia before, but I missed it. I noticed Australia’s number of cases was almost at zero for like two weeks and has gone back up. Did you guys start opening up like June 7th or so and, if so, how open?

I got here when i was 6 back in 93, my parents were worried about the violence against muslims in the region, itt wasn’t too close to us but they took the chance of coming to the US

from Yugoslavia currently Montenegro, I think I’ve shared some info regarding that on the forum

4 Likes

Really sorry for you and your family how things have worked out in the US, but theres always hope.

I streetviewed around Montenegro a bit. Looks pretty nice. Seems too hot though.

Reopening has been a state issue. The current outbreak is almost entirely in Melbourne, the capital of Victoria. To give you an idea of the extent to which Melbourne is the problem, Victoria now has 1,249 active COVID cases. The next highest state is Western Australia with 19.

Victoria re-opened cafes and restaurants on June 1 with up to 20 people per enclosed space, planning to increase this to 50 on June 22. June 6 marked a day with no new cases in Victoria, but then things started to go south. There was a spike in community transmission from some large family household gatherings. On the 20th Victoria announced the re-imposition of household gathering limits and cancelled further reopening plans. On the 30th, 10 zip codes were sent back into lockdown. On July 7th, the Premier re-imposed lockdown across the whole state. There’s now a 6-week shelter-in-place order there, people may only leave home for exercise, essential shopping, medical care and work/study if they can’t do it from home. No gatherings in groups of greater than 2.

The borders to South Australia and New South Wales, the two states Victoria borders, are totally shut. Previously you could travel but had to enter a two-week quarantine. Now, unless you have an exemption for some reason, you just can’t cross the borders out of Victoria. The army are manning road crossings into SA.

What I posted earlier was that of the 216 new cases in Victoria yesterday, only 30 were from known outbreaks, so they have the community transmission iceberg thing going on in a way that hasn’t really been happening in Australia before. Hopefully the lockdown works.

1 Like