COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

Fine, how bout of the last 4 decades? You got Pudge ahead of him? Piazza?

I withdraw, you’re right. Obviously Bench and Berra and Fisk were better.

tenor (17)

Would you be down for any kind of cooperative replay?

1 Like

My girlfriend’s sister tested positive once, and then ten days later tested negative. She was never all that sick, and now wants to be treated like she’s immune, like she wants to see everyone including young children in the family. Trying to figure out how to explain that we really don’t know whether you’re contagious or not, so it’s a bad idea to see other people.

WTF is this? I was up for some spirited DEBATE.

5 Likes

I remember when we opined itt about how quickly the nation responded and it seemed we might be headed in the right direction, but as soon as Trump said YOLO, a lot of people wrongly assumed no president would say that unless the danger really was overblown

1 Like

You can Coop ALTTP?

I am currently trying to learn the any% speedrun for it actually. Ive gotten quite decent at the escape and Eastern Palace so far. I never knew any of the tricks, and always just played it straight, so some of this stuff is tough to learn, like the anti-fairy button skip in Eastern Palace to get the big key. Im only at about a 25% success rate with it.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t have it in me. My days of being a stat head are long gone.

One of their health officials is on record saying the biggest contributor for the resurgence wasn’t restaurants, gyms or movie theaters reopening.

It was their schools.

1 Like

To be fair, it ain’t Johnny Bench either.

Also, obligatory MEW MEW MEW MEW

1 Like

I love Posey, so this kind of hurts, but yes I think Piazza and Rodriguez probably were better. I think Mauer is probably in the mix as well. But the best of the past 40 years is probably Gary Carter IMO.

2600+ in Louisiana, second highest figure total ever. RIP Mardi Gras.

Not that I know of, but we could run simultaneous Twitch streams from the beginning and go from there.

The most captivating speed runs for me are those using the randomizer hack. It puts the items in different places every time. Sometimes you’re like okay big key, big chest… WTF A HEART CONTAINER?

The tournaments will keep you glued to the screen for hours. The commentators understand the game and the logic the randomizer uses, so they can point out the good/bad decisions players make based on where they find certain items.

The 15 day plan!

2 Likes

So, probably no one can reopen anywhere without a vaccine or herd immunity or covid mysteriously disappearing without cases coming back.

1 Like

I love randomizer runs, and I actually think a more fun randomizer (that I do not have anywhere near the skill to beat yet) is the ALTTP +Super Metroid combo. Its such an insane idea, and it works perfectly. I’ve beaten a few ALTTP randomizer runs, but that shit is harrrrrrd

I think this comes down to what the word better means. I like to think of it as overall value to the team (hence why I think MVP shouldn’t always necessarily go to the best player overall) and I dont think Rodriguez or Piazza were anywhere near as valuable to their team’s overall success than Posey was.

GTO move is probably to stay just shut down enough to have an R0 < 1, so like outdoor dining is okay, indoor is not, masks for all indoor shopping activity with strong incentives for online/curbside. Stay in that mode until the first round of vaccines are available, and if they work, great. If not, it’s probably time to just make it an individual choice and proceed accordingly. If the first round of vaccines don’t work, we probably aren’t going to get a vaccine within the first couple years, if ever. So at that point it’s time to chart a new normal. For most of us that’s probably going to mean rolling the dice.

But of course instead we’re just skipping to that part at the end and nothing’s going to stop us.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few of those mixed with Metroid and I just can’t. My head exploded trying to keep up.

If you are not already a fan, check out SNES Drunk explaining why the game is so amazing.

And after that, check out his recommendations for games to play for fans of ALTTP.

Have you played any of the LTTP hacks? I played one by a French dude that blew me away as a worthy sequel.