COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

That face is so punchable.

1 Like

Beds are filling up real fast here at the beach, what’s it like upstate?

Roll Tide!

https://twitter.com/RepTerriSewell/status/1281278693848100871?s=20

Not bad here. Anderson is full but they say it could surge so they aren’t worried. Greenville isn’t getting hit hard from a hospitalization perSpective

If I were person B, I would immediately go take a shower and change my clothes, knowing full well that the risk of infection was pretty low.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/GovAndyBeshear/status/1281264840347209729

Looks like Kentucky about to require masks. Looking forward to the deplorables losing their mind.

2 Likes

Wait is this right? 49k in one day in AL?

Edit: I’m dumb, that’s the total. But I’ll leave my dumbness up for all to see

8 Likes

It’s a mix. Some wake up, others don’t. There was a video the other day of a guy maskless outside a Trump rally saying he’d lost a few people but still thought Trump was right about it.

The thing is, his margin was so narrow in 2016, even losing a small percentage hurts him a lot.

Overall, how much higher are deaths over the first six months of this year compared to last?

People in Corona have a high antibody rate. A little too on the nose.

I wonder how bed overflow works with with boarder cities. Augusta and North Augusta are side by side but in GA and S.C. They are obviously close but if one gets over run, do they ship excess Covid to the closest hospital or closest hospital in state.

They are both red af but would a red state accept patients from a blue state and risk fukking up their #s , vise versa?

I believe that if it’s

1 red and 1 blue states it counts in the blue state

2 blue states flip a coin

2 red states- did they really die?

7 Likes

What part of NH are u in ? I have many fond memories up there

https://twitter.com/JakeAnbinder/status/1281285682200301569?s=20

Not me. Never been to NH

Looking forward to Trump bragging how big his inauguration crowd was compared to Biden when only 50 people show up.

1 Like

Human rights gone mad

Romania: hundreds of Covid-19 patients discharge themselves from hospital

Hundreds of coronavirus patients in Romania have discharged themselves from hospital after a court ruling that mandatory admittance of those with no or mild symptoms was a breach of human rights, according to AFP.

A total of 624 patients, who tested positive for the virus, had asked to leave hospital and now risked transmitting the disease in their communities, the health minister, Nelu Tataru, said on television on Wednesday evening.

Tataru also said that more than half of 50,000 people, undergoing mandatory self-isolation after returning from abroad, had left their homes in defiance of doctors’ recommendations.

His announcements come as Romania, one of the EU’s poorest members, reported 614 new infections on Thursday, the biggest daily increase since the pandemic started.

The total number of infections in the country of some 20 million people reached 30,789, while 1,834 people have died.

Romania had so far escaped the brunt of the health crisis while enforcing a two-months lockdown until mid-May and strict mandatory quarantine rules.

But in a decision, which came into force last week, the Constitutional court ruled that hospitalising and quarantining people without or with just mild Covid-19 symptoms violated fundamental rights and so could not be imposed by a government decree.

Trying to reverse the consequences of the court ruling, the liberal government has proposed new legislation to more clearly spell out when people must be hospitalised or quarantine themselves at home. Lawmakers are scheduled to vote on the legislation later Thursday.

1 Like

SC numbers in:
1724 cases (plateau’d w limited testing)
20.6% positive (yup)
22 deaths (Starting to see some upward pressure here)
1433 hospitalizations (small increase after 2 straight bigger jumps)

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1281292083882610688

2 Likes

4 months ago
Investigating 4 new cases
Seems like 4 years ago

1 Like