COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

I heard about that…but fandango isnt showing anything up about that…

But yeah I’m not doing movie theaters for the near future (when they are gonna be dead)

1 Like

Yeah I’d buy out an entire theater if seats were 15 cents just to watch Jurassic Park in theater again

But yeah movie theaters are fucked

2 Likes

I saw a commercial for Tenet tonight and it said something like “wherever theaters are open.” So I guess Tenet will be playing when it is released.

Movie theaters have been surprisingly resilient. They should have all been dead once streaming became a thing, but they still survived. I can see the industry taking a hit for a year or two and coming back. People just like the ritual experience of going out to the movies for some reason.

1 Like

I like going to the movies, I hope you are right

1 Like

A bizarre mix of old stuff (Inception, Black Panther, Back to the Future) and new things like a Russel Crowe thriller called Unhinged and a movie called Cut Throat City about Katrina-era New Orleans directed by the Rza and starring Wesley Snipes, Terrence Howard, and Ethan Hawke.

The studios actually still had some stuff in the can, so they’re just going to dribble out the mid tier stuff that they either couldn’t or wouldn’t sell off to streaming services while holding off the blockbusters (Wonder Woman 1984, Black Widow, Tenet, etc) until they get some feedback from the first wave.

1 Like

That’s the plan. Nolan apparently went to the mattresses to insist on a theatrical release. It’s currently scheduled to open internationally next week and in the US on Sept 3rd

Damn it. Makes it harder to enjoys his work knowing he’s a fuckin idiot. The Kanye effect.

Wasn’t there a Bond movie that’s been kept canned ever since the beginning of the pandemic? I vaguely remember there was a Daniel Craig Bond movie that was about to drop right when the pandemic began. This could all be a dream, I have COVID brain these days, I don’t really know what’s real anymore. Wikipedia tells me that this movie exists. I guess they’re taking the financial hit and hoping they can unleash it in theaters instead of streaming it when the coast is clear.

Here’s the thing, though: when this COVID thing goes away, I am going to be HYPE to get out and see any damn movie in theaters. It doesn’t make sense to keep a Bond movie locked and ready because I will buy a ticket to watch any kind of movie in a theater. You can screen Aquaman all month long and I will go see it 2-3 times a month.

I think Invisible Man made the correct play here. It’s like… uhhh, we have an amazing popcorn movie for theatrical release but theatrical movies aren’t a thing anymore, so let’s just cut our losses and charge a bunch to let people stream it. Honestly, this might be one of those claustrophobic horror movies that’s more scary if you’re on your couch with the lights out.

1 Like

This stinks of the White House.

Not only has the Czech Republic set a record for most covid19 cases in a day, they have shattered it. Yesterday’s 506 cases tops the previous record of 377 set on March 27th.

The government has tried to play it down by stating that the high total is due to “massive testing”. I mean that would actually be nice since it’s something the country has been lacking that since the beginning. But to stay in line with the 3.92% positive rate over the last 7 days, approximately 12,650 tests would’ve needed to be conducted. The highest total was 9,383 conducted on May 5th.

So pretty big surge and their transparent effort to play it down will probably work. I mean they’ve been playing down the second wave for the last 2 months and it has been effective. Why wouldn’t it work now?

From what I read his contract is he gets most of his money from the box office, and he wasn’t pushing for theaters to open so much as waiting until they did however long that was.

Let me get this straight.

People (non unstuckers out in the world) have been using the moisture-wicking fabric as a facemask, a facemask which is meant to absolutely do the opposite of wicking away moisture from one’s respiration and sending it out into the air.

That’s the long and short of it?

1 Like

It might be a little tone deaf but I can’t blame the guy for insisting on a theatrical release, he’s been working on this for years. I don’t know for certain but I would suspect that he doesn’t really care when it happens.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/schools-are-keeping-data-hidden-from-parents-and-public-health-officials-report/

Well fuck. If these things become more popular and stores don’t restrict their use then we’re kinda fucked.

Yeah, and they’re popular precisely because sweat and condensation and breath vapor whatever doesn’t build up on the inside…

Guess where it’s going!

That’s total fucking insanity.

motherfucker why do you think they’re breathable and have more airflow and less glasses fog?!?!

p.s.

Depending on the construction of the mask, it fell away from your face or hugged it tightly. Some designs caused pesky behind-the-ear irritation, while others left skin inflamed and acne-prone. But the worst offenders were masks created with thick fabrics that barely allowed any airflow, turning your breath into a blazing furnace.

Luckily, there’s a revolution of breathable face masks that take into account high summer temperatures. These designs use lightweight or sweat-wicking fabrics that don’t restrict airflow to keep you cool and comfortable during hours of wear. They also come in less traditional constructions—like scarves—that expand the surface area of fabric filtering your breath to prevent heat from building up around your mouth and nose.

I’m about to lose my composure.

2 Likes

God in heaven I knew there was a reason I haven’t opened up this thread in a spell.

3 Likes

NFL has more of a corona task force than the USG