COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

Lol that name is awesome.

I was told that making it easier to fire teachers would lead to better school performance. How does Mississippi rank?

7 Likes

50th.

Didn’t even read what you’re talking about.

25 Likes

I’ve back fit the daily case rate to fit the past, fairly minor adjustment (somewhat worse).
August is plateaued and then 3% daily growth through September to reflect OFS, then a plateau and decrease. I’m always hopeful that we will adjust… stupid me.

This gives 250,000 dead by election day and over 300,000 Dec 31.

I’ve also dropped the 28 day cfr to 2%. Hopefully that is real.

The original projection where we actually crushed this thing is the blue line. LOLAmericaUSA#1

1 Like

FL’s official death toll now over 10,000

1 Like

I thought 2 and under weren’t required or was it under 2? Something about them choking on the mask

I thought it varied by airline but I may be wrong.

Looks like masks won’t be mandatory in schools in the Czech Republic after all!

TLDR
Minister of Health: Masks will be mandatory in schools starting September 1st
Prime Minister: No they won’t.
Minister of Health: Yes master.

Gives me a lot of confidence in the Ministry of Health. Then again, that’s what happens when your Minister of Health is a failed pop idol.

Doing my part to combat COVID misinformation… Pulled this off a utility pole in my neighborhood:

Don’t bother going to the site. It’s the usual collection of misrepresented science, fear-mongering, and yootoob links, that looks to be completely or mostly abandoned.

I’ll just put this here though, in case you’re wondering who might be responsible for this crap…

3 Likes

It wasn’t even a lockdown. It was a “stay at home order”.

Nobody was stopping people from leaving their homes. No fines or prison time were threatened as far as I know. Wasn’t the case in most of Europe.

Yeah, and once again Massachusetts (I’ve been very suspect of their data for a long time) shows up inside an article that shows major ‘issues’ with testing. The first time was when the testing ‘wall’ was hit they were one of three states with tests likely going off into the ether. The second is this where they have seemingly impossibly low cases and we find out they’re in a pool system while having what look to be frequently delayed results.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the graph on the right shows in general that the moving average is outperforming your projection? If so, what’s the official date you have third clear rise beginning? If this is correct, what causes the rapid fall off at the end or is that just outside the land of your projection?

He “wasn’t sick enough” and then got sent home and died. He waited HOURS in the other hospital without being admitted, left to go to a third and then died because he didn’t get there soon enough. But what don’t I understand again?

This man presented with a known to be lethal illness, he was sent home, he came back too late and died. Explain to me like I’m a goddamn moron, which you seem to think I am, why it was correct to send this man home with no monitoring and how this did not reflect on a lack of available resources in hospitals.

A decrease? We don’t do those here in USA#1.

He almost certainly was admitted in the other hospital, he was just being held in the ER. Him and his family made a bad decision to leave and that, possibly, made him more likely to die.

Again, and finally at this point, you don’t know enough about this subject to really comment.

As a side note: people are discharged with ‘deadly diseases’ all the time. That’s true when the hospital is empty too. Sometimes people get worse. That is extremely different than what you said and it’s frankly irresponsible to be spreading false rumors like that.

Do you have any type of contingency for flu season increasing hospital capacity?

Just reloaded on N95s. Amazon has quality masks in stock right now.

Did you do any research to check they are legit? I’m looking for some right now.

There are some good non-Amazon mask sources posted in this thread: Masks / Face Coverings

Down with Amazon!

5 Likes