COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

It means that they will play ads in Africa asking for donations to he sent to poor starving kids in America.

6 Likes

Yup. That’s what is already baked in and assumes a pretty decent shutdown by mid-July. If you believe that I got a bridge in Brooklyn…

It literally blew my scale up to project this type of growth any further.

Lol the concerns about a second wave in the fall are almost irrelevant now imho. There’s not going to be a second wave because we’re not even in a first wave anymore. We’re just on a rocket ride up up up in cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

1 Like

north’s got somefink to say

1 Like

Definitely live for 60k today.

And ya the second wave concerns are pointless we are riding wave 1 to the moon.

2 Likes

Even if a vaccine was developed tomorrow, what’s the logistics of getting 300 million people vaccinated? That alone would take a few months if not a year right?

Not really, it could reappear in places that have recovered and go super-sayan worldwide again. But that’s assuming it is seasonal, which is something we know very little about.

1 Like

In for the /

One of my good friends,a Trumper, has it I had 2 beers w him at a patio bar Tuesday about 4 feet apart. I feel like shit but that’s most like to polishing off 2 bottles of Michael Jordan tequila w 2 visiting, recovered friends last night. He was sick yesterday , fine today. He’s ~ the 25th person I know locally that’s had it… all under 50 , all came out ok , so far.

3 Likes

shocking

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1278766321610735620?s=20

4 Likes

lol michigan is champion of restarting their economy

I’ve been told Alabama showed up with 1700+ cases today

I think our previous High was like 1100?

looooool, that’s amazing.

Out of curiosity, has anybody here tested positive for COVID-19 yet? A bunch of us have mentioned friends and family members but I don’t recall anybody here testing positive yet.

One of my exes almost certainly has it but there was a 4 hour wait for tests so she’s lining up early tomorrow morning to get one.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/1279154627003506689?s=19

ETA: for just one comparison, the rate in the NBA prebubble testing was about 7%

I’m as certain as I can be that I had it during winter holidays without having a test to confirm it. It was a wicked respiratory condition that came out of nowhere and wouldn’t go away. Fortunately I make sure to drink plenty of purified silver.

so I’ve been out of this thread for a week

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1279167084023500801

how about no

hydroxy might’ve been slightly better than doing nothing? Of course, why wouldn’t it, it’s 2020.

also, a new swine flu from china

Almost nobody is wearing a mask unless it’s mandatory now. People just don’t care. Sad.

3 Likes

I mean in a very broad sense, we do have to live with it for the time being.

This doesn’t excuse not doing anything to minimize its impact on our lives but it’s just the truth of the matter.

2 Likes

The plan continues to be no plan at all.

6 Likes

I spoke to a Nevada friend I’ve mentioned before and good news, he is now wearing a mask and staying six feet away from people. He is still going to the gym, but small steps. He said his only bitchfest now is that the government should stay out of it, gubmint over reach, freedom etc etc, but whatever. I said let’s agree to disagree about some things and good on you for wearing a mask :+1:

2 Likes