COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

Love you JT but nowhere (even US) have we seen kids super-spreading events

The scientific evidence is out there

OK you’re just trolling at this point.

3 Likes

Not getting into a bad faith argument right now. You know this shit is different.

Flattened the curve you say?

How are the countries who reopened schools with new cases at an all-time high doing with that? Could you list them, please?

OK USA, shit will really go upwards when you open schools (it won’t)

Someone open a thread and we’ll have a count of countries and see how it’s going (the countries didn’t open up without better advice than you are getting)

My math says our kids have an insanely higher chance of carrying the disease to their teachers than kids n France do. Therefore, are kids are quite different.

1 Like

Dear good people of Unstuck:

Please stop responding to Churchill. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Everyone

32 Likes

Counter point: have you ever walked outside in a category 5 hurricane with an umbrella? Then how do you know?

HOLD OUR BEER! MARY POPPINS AIN’T GOT SHIT ON USA#1!!!

55 days of ‘back to school’ and no teachers dying in France

Yea, ours include 12 and 13 year olds.

PSA: stop arguing with Churchill. He has indefensibly horrible views and you will not make any successful traction debating him.

5 Likes

I don’t think people itt are worried about superspreader events or a large upswing in #s. It’s not about that clown. It’s billy joe going to church Sunday and picking it up and giving it to one teacher, one teacher that matters a lot .

Ok I’ll bite. If we were successful in flattening the curve and kept spread where test, trace, and quarantine could work then USA #1 could go back to school. However that’s not what has happened here. We are on pace to knowingly have 0.5% of the population infected over 30 days so in all likelihood 2-3 %.

Would you like me more if I said I was 14

4 Likes

Here’s what you don’t get. Lol USA and everything, but most people here are taking precautions. It’s the covidiots that make headlines. Kids aren’t a super spreader yet because schools have been closed since March. But that goes out the windows if schools open up.

CHIPS ON THE TABLE

1 Like

300 (positives, no mention of deaths) from 1.3 million (probably the variance on a US covid test)

Are these 300 responsible for the ~8,000 a day Texas cases we are seeing

Look, I’m flogging a dead horse. I apologise for letting you know MANY other countries are doing what you fear without consequence

I highly doubt there are 1.3 million kids in daycare facilities in Texas.

If I’m understanding the new study correctly, I don’t think it’s inconsistent with that hope. People who tested positive prior to inclusion in this study aren’t a random sample–they would be predominantly people who were symptomatic and disproportionately seriously ill. You really need to do a random sample of people and test for active infection, then follow up later to see if they developed antibodies. That’s assuming that the virus is at detectable levels in the hypothetic naturally-resistant population, of course.