COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

This is a remarkably good article at translating covid science talk into more accessible language

3 Likes

Lol I’ll confess to this one–I changed it as a passive aggressive shot at the participants of the obesity derail. Definitely didn’t expect it to stick

2 Likes

Well they have a centralized government and have had so much time to prepare I think they’ll be ready.

Set up for the supreme leader curing it?

“Heavier” punishment

rimshot.wav

1 Like

@MikeLikesOrgies, here’s your answer:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1287581520753033222?s=19

6 Likes

Onion

Amazing what has been captured in a single photo.

Hand shaking and completely covering your face with both hands during a pandemic to own the libs.

5 Likes

Kentucky political meet and greet no masks lots of handshakes, you say?

[Searches photo for a certain someone.]

Pic does not deliver.

2 Likes

Kansas.

Oops.

Still plenty of searches to do.

Kansas is in Kentucky I think.

5 Likes

One night, there are over 5,000 active cases in the Czech Republic and now it’s slightly above 3,500.

They actually redid the entire part of that graph.

July 24th

I mean let’s be real. The active cases thing was pretty badly botched. It was weird to see the number of people hospitalized either staying the same or declining despite the number of active cases increasing dramatically. It was even weirder watching 200+ people recover in a day during the first wave and then all of a sudden it was 1 or 2 recoveries per day.

1 Like

Fyp

1 Like

Never seen em together in the same room, just sayin…

2 Likes

Good news is masking up and social distancing is kicking the flu’s butt too

https://twitter.com/AdamJKucharski/status/1287660137432395777

3 Likes

Hoo boy, the Karens are going to go ballistic if the internet starts floating the idea that ACTUALLY we should wear makes every year at flu season.

5 Likes

Oh masks are never going away fully. I’m genuinely never going to be able to take the ‘how likely am I to get sick from going to X place’ filter off ever again. I’ll probably wear a mask into all kinds of public places during flu season in the future.

Also corona is probably never getting eradicated, so we’re drawing very live to wearing them from now on.

4 Likes