COVID-19: Chapter 5 - BACK TO SCHOOL

What do you base this on? It stands to reason that some of the Trumpiest politicians are just intelligent sociopaths doing what they need to do to attain power.

Perhaps not good evidence, but he scored in the 99.9th percentile on the LSAT and was known as a good instructor for my company.

Lol, I still think we’re pretty fucking fucked though. Just not end of humanity fucked. Still drawing live to fall of Western Civilization though. But I also recognize that humanity has made it through arguably worse plagues in history at a time when technology and medical science was not what it is today. On the other hand, we didn’t have nukes back then so that’s not great, and all the great plagues likely contributed to some of histories pretty terrible wars.

First , the trajectory of a moderate initial infection followed by a severe reinfection suggests that this novel coronavirus might share some tendencies of other viruses such as dengue fever, where you can suffer more severe illness each time you contract the disease.

If this turns out to be the standard pattern, and vaccines don’t work, that’s pretty much gg civilization as we know it.

Nevertheless, neither a coronavirus that gets worth with each infection, nor a coranavirus that is hard to develop a vaccine for - is out of the question.

I’ve always kind of figured this to be the case based on reported lung scarring in the previously-infected. If the second infection isn’t at all mitigated by immune response to the first, then I assume it only gets worse from there.

And as we all know from the breathtaking genius that is David Sklansky, IQ tests are just the best at predicting intelligence.

3 Likes

DeSantis is not a moron. He just looks like one. All he cares about is staying on Trump’s good side. It’s been said over and over here. Conservatives do not care about anyone other than themselves. DeSantis is no exception. It will take a direct family member to die of covid for DeSantis to turn on Trump and even that might not be enough.

Probably a pretty good chance he cheated on the LSAT TBH. Also, rich people who can afford intensive tutoring who are of moderate intelligence can destroy standardized testing like the LSAT, SAT, etc.

2 Likes

40% of the country wants to be conned for some reason, shit is insane.

1 Like

So basically DeSantis is admitting in that video that the numbers have been even worse than what we were previously told.

Yes, but doing so in a way that makes it seem like he believes (or is trying to con the rubes into believing) it does the exact opposite. “15k/day really isn’t as bad as it sounds because nobody know when those infections occurred.”

Schrödinger’s virus: if you don’t know how many cases there are, it might be zero.

9 Likes

Shrug, this is a bad derail and I largely agree with you. There are stupid smart people. I don’t think there are a lot of them, but there are fairly intelligent people who support Republicans for their own tax benefits or because they are outright racists, xenophobes, bigots, etc. It doesn’t seem like this should be the case, especially the second group, but it is.

Also, I tutor a bunch of rich people. Some of them work really hard too. It’s not that easy to break into the upper echelons of scores. Although I don’t think I’m a great tutor so maybe someone could do it. My boss is a great tutor and he donates money to Ted Cruz. I find this information uncomfortable too, shrug.

1 Like

It’s The Sun but no shit.

As a scientist, it amazes me how much IQ but how little EQ is present in my brethren. This pissing contest over airborne spread and droplets vs aerosols is effing up the message. Let’s just agree to assume for now that air breathes out of other people is contagious and and relatively long lived and act accordingly.

4 Likes

…there’s more…

With the end of congressional assistance coming at the end of the month, we are drawing live to either revolution or unfathomable homelessness. I don’t know whats going to happen in the next couple months, but it isnt going to be pretty in any way.

1 Like

They are going to give trillions to big business and do just enough to avoid this scenario for the plebes.

I guess the US is going to be the vanguard in “catching it twice” studies, because we’re the only place stupid enough to have an ongoing massive outbreak for a year or w/e.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is entirely true. They have less than two weeks to avoid an August rent bloodbath. You think there is any way a bill can pass the house, senate, president’s desk, and get into the hands of people in two weeks time?

You think anybody who sees they are about to lose 2400 a month from unemployment is going to willingly pay August’s rent?