COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Re Fauci: he was generally seen as more conservative about opening up (warned about the risks of liberalizing too soon), and, specifically seemed to indicate that opening schools might be problematic. Trump really went after the schools thing (probably b/c he realizes that having them open will be both a big indication of normalcy to a lot of people and make it easier for them to go back to work).

Not sure. If the other Visegrad Group members act in unison, it will protect Hungary from getting kicked out.

Home Depot was really on this pretty early. I think it was the first store around me that was limiting customers going inside.

If they donā€™t understand that in order to properly open up we need extensive testing and tracing, not sure how I could consider them anything other than stupid.

The information is out there. We have examples to follow. Being for opening without widespread repeat testing and tracing is nonsense and guaranteed to kill people while also hurting the economy. People that believe otherwise are hoping Santa Clause comes and saves us (or some other mythical creature).

There is one right way to reopen. If you are aware of a second way that you think will limit deaths and protect the economy I am all eyes, as I havenā€™t seen even a seed of another viable plan.

Orange line has been creeping up a hair for the past two days, so thatā€™s a little worrisome. Weā€™re on track to hit 1.75M cases in two weeks.

Untitled

1 Like

I am starting to become significantly worried about the kid stuff. It seems the virus impacts kids in dramatically different ways, ways that were not being looked for until pretty recently. We unlikely have no clue how kids have had corona related symptoms at this point because a lot of their symptoms are much different. This makes the ā€œJust let the kids goā€ much dicier than when we mostly felt children were fairly safe.

3 Likes

Probably going to love you too much.

He said we donā€™t have enough testing, we need a lot more testing, universities should not reopen the year, no way there will is a vaccine in 2020.

He essentially went opposite of trump on everything while testifying under oath.

3 Likes

One would hope so.

You miss an order of magnitude there? Meaning 1.75 million?

1 Like

Yeah, forgot a zero.

Iā€™m in a let have his way mode right now. Sports yay. Schools open! Bryan Adams concerts! Let it get so bad this fall that the Rs get totally slaughtered.

Narrator- it was terrible. 400,000 dead including 2,000 children from the syndrome. In his 2nd inaugural President Trump vowed work w Senator McConnell to seat new justices to replace Breyer and RBG who passed from Covid by March 15. two recent liberty law school grads are the expected nominees, although Karen needs to take the bar exam first.

5 Likes

Great video although I donā€™t know who wrote the captions. At the 2:50 mark is says the fathers learn how to ā€œmurderā€ their kids rather than ā€œmotherā€.

Trump has pushed his line of where he is still doing good north of 100k now. I donā€™t doubt it will be 200k soon and likely at some point 500k.

On a serious note, how is TMZ surviving this? Their tv show is just clips of them asking celebrities dumb questions in public places.

I wonder if they translated it to Hungarian and then back to English :crossed_fingers:

Trumpā€™s own team says it will be 100k, and since he criminally understates any of his failuresā€¦

People with young kids should absolutely be worried about the impact of social distancing. With that in mind, we can only do so much. Our family is trying to get outside twice a day, have at least one video chat with a friend each day, exercise regularly, experimenting with mindfulness meditation (no success yet, but persevering), and wife and I taking turns having ā€œweekendsā€ so our daughter is not left to play on her own more than necessary (hurts the marriage of course, but choicesā€¦).

This is definitely true. There are the ones who are ALL CAPS OPEN FOR BUSINESS and then there are the reluctant/hesitant ones. The first day that barber shops, etc. were allowed to reopen in Atlanta, some did so, but the owners were very nervous about it. I watched some local news coverage and some felt they had to reopen just to save the business, but they didnā€™t like it. They seemed to do everything they could to keep people safe while still bringing in a few bucks.

Of my closest friends with young kids that Iā€™ve talked to, 2 families seem to be doing ok. 1 says the kids are tearing each other to bits, miss socialization with friends terribly and is sure this is doing permanent harm.

With my own not-little kid kids, both are doing ok. I donā€™t think itā€™s been that hard on the elder. But there have been some very big hits for the younger missing out on long planned trips, senior year of HS, prom, graduation, and will be having a very diminished experience starting college.

1 Like

My kids are doing fine. My 11-year old is a homebody who hates school (heā€™s crazy smart, just is not an ā€œacademicā€ - wants to learn on his own), so sleeping in and sitting at the computer all day has been good for him. Next week is his last week of elementary school, so heā€™s actually a little sad that he doesnā€™t get some of the celebratory stuff. He gunned for straight-Aā€™s this year (which heā€™s going to achieve) because he wanted to get an award at an assembly.

Heā€™s been playing a lot of VR and computer games with friends.

My 13-year old has basically done schoolwork all day and then played Minecraft and what-not while video chatting with friends. Sheā€™s also had in-home gymnastics workouts five-days a week. Sheā€™s more antsy to go see friends in person than my youngest, but technology helps a lot. I hear her laughing in her room with friends every night.

The two have actually rediscovered that they can have fun playing with each other, too.

4 Likes