COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Like fuck up your sinuses and lungs or get drunk?

More worried about dissolving your brain. Lungs will probably be okay is my guess. I mean “fuck yourself up” not as in “get drunk” fuck yourself up but more like “actually you’re going to die” fuck yourself up.

Ehh, people get over it. When my brother got married, he only invited me and one of my sisters. My 3 other siblings weren’t invited. They were annoyed for like a year but moved on. Same thing will probably happen here. If they are that superficial, that’s on them, not you.

1 Like

The OC, the Whale’s Vagina, Riverside, and San Bernardino are, like, not great, worse than the Bay, but not horrible all things considered. It’s really just LA that’s harshing the stats of the whole state. Bay counties A+, obv.

1 Like

I once drank six shots of it in about 60 seconds, for whatever that’s worth.

1 Like

It will absorb into your blood quickly in the lungs, quicker than the digestive track, but it’s absorbs pretty damn quick in your stomach anyway. Ethanol easily passes through any mucosal tissue. But it will fry lung tissue, I also imagine it isn’t good for the surfactant in your lower airways if it gets down that far.

4 Likes

I knew a guy who claimed he used to shoot Nyquil. I’m pretty sure he was lying, but not 100%.

I also knew a guy who kept a few hits of acid in his car at all times, “just in case”. He was not lying.

1 Like

I can confirm it burns like a motherfucker all the way down, and you can almost feel it evaporating as it goes.

I did not snort it, though.

And meanwhile China shuts down three cities over 22 infections.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-13/china-seals-off-cities-near-north-korea-as-new-clusters-grow

Man, if we had it down to 22 infections in 3 cities, we’d be having mandated doorknob licking parties.

2 Likes

Big increase from a small base number, but looks like more bad news for the kids are immune gang.

https://twitter.com/DrMattMcCarthy/status/1260746238242304001?s=19

1 Like

My father told me “only boring people get bored.”

How can you possibly say this without conducting controlled studies ?

Garcetti running OJ venue selection back

is that a meal locals would eat or aimed towards gringos?

Outdoor bars? Drunk people hanging all over each other and shouting from 6" away so they can be heard over the music?

Johnny, maybe instead of 100 posts about Taco Bell drive through you should spend some time telling someone that Octoberfest might not be a good idea.

2 Likes

Outdoor transmission is reportedly minimal/nearly non-existent.

Beer seems to be a fairly poor disinfectant in lab conditions but whiskey is ok. However, the articles in my quick review of Google hits were mainly focused on bacteria, which I would think to generally be much more robust than a virus.

Danspartan should probably have some relevant real world knowledge.

Decent article: Can liquor be used as an emergency antiseptic? - The Straight Dope

This makes the opposite of sense. You breathe in droplets from the people who are shouting at you in the loud bar. Unless you’re literally drowning in whiskey it’s not going to disinfect you. Maybe it kills some percentage of the virus, but when someone sneezes on you in a bar, sure if the timing is perfect maybe their spray is 50 proof or something, but most of the time it’s just going to be a bunch of snot.

5 Likes

I empathize with all of that

But you still know you can’t go

It’s on them if they want to go and die

And you’ll get a sweet I told you so a month later

1 Like