COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

haha it holds up imo

1 Like

Wet, Seafood, Wholesale Market - NY Times doesn’t nitpick

China’s wet markets — where vendors sell fresh meat, seafood and produce — have come under scrutiny in recent months, because many of the first reported cases in Wuhan were tied to a seafood market there that has since been permanently closed. Epidemiologists have not arrived at a consensus on whether the market was the source of the virus.

Smoking kills.

1 Like

How funny would it be if Biden turned out to be a great president and we were all totally wrong? Would definitely be standard for me.

1 Like

From a Guardian story on June 21:

lolTrolly

Your posting on COVID-19 continues to be an embarrassment to your long-term record as a good poster in this community. They changed their wording in order to allow businesses to do less, save money, and reopen more profitably. We called it at the time, and were mocked. I think you mocked me at the time. In a shocking development, the rest of the world still says the surface spread is very important to protect against.

Like, do you want to suggest that we’re conspiracy theorists for saying Trump is trying to slow down testing rates?

1 Like

Some kind of mechanical device (etc cyclone) could increase the residence time of heavier particles (vs air). Separation plus kill?

If he appoints a decent cabinet and senior staff, and serves as a rubber stamp on a Democratic Congress that is more progressive than any past Democratic Congress, he could go down as a tremendous president just by doing what the people around him suggest.

6 Likes

All just lighting farts with it apparently… next thing you know, Grandma’s heavy breathing, Uncle’s got a sweat on

The Democratic Reagan. With less charisma of course, I did say he was the Democratic Reagan.

1 Like

Those presidents act like they are stuck in stone and can’t move further apart or something.

1 Like

The answer is 0.8%, injecting alcohol through enema/eyeballing or whatever is 10x more potent since it bypasses the liver and the liver prevents about 90% of the alcohol from entering your blood.

Jfc 1 in 200 are carriers. Get in a restaurant or gym and you are up to 10% to have a carrier (likely less as symptomatics are hopefully not in public).

1 Like

You think it’s less? I’d argue it’s higher. Like, X% of the state is probably locked down as much as you are right now, some percent even as much as I am. Those people are not out and about, they’re not infecting anyone or getting infected, but they still count in that 200 denominator. I feel like they impact that number way more than the symptomatic people do. A lot of the “symptomatic” probably think they have a cold or allergies the first couple of days.

Someone here should do a International comparison on the number of trackers each respective government (state) employs. Apps have provely largely to be less than steller, other than Sk or China that tracks your every movement and interaction.

I propose a country like say the UK at 66m (MM) population would require a dedicated full time force of at least 66,000 people employed as trackers. So, USA minimum require ~400k personnel and a willing / sensible population to start (when the virus level is at a stage you can track) any form of track and trace. (See China, SK)

This virus will only be stopped by track and trace before any vaccine is available.

For the less than $1/ sf, that seems like a great thing to for small rooms. For bigger rooms I’d like to see a duct with a high point exhaust from the device to help direct the overall air flow pattern.

It doesn’t have the UV but we are taking our little allergy hepa air filter device for a hotel night this weekend.

Not to mention he will have the lowest bar of all time to go against.

Any chance the hotel shuts it down by August? They will be in the middle of massive death tolls and hospitalizations.

I missed the dot before “19”. Normally, people put a zero before the decimal point.