COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1278019060886835203

Lol Biden playing 4d chess acting senile on the campaign trail.

Biden 2020 - he’s not senile!

2 Likes

Perhaps this is an honest mistake but just to be sure I have a question

If a 150lb person drinks 3 standard drinks approximately what percentage of his blood stream is alcohol

• 8%
  • 0.08%

0 voters

6 Likes

Don’t be a prat, anyone can miss a .

(see, you nearly did there).

So should I schedule a test for Thursday? I was exposed to this person yesterday and today, probably 1-2 hours total.

Mask, no mask? 15 mins exposure is enough. Did you touch the same stuff? I’d schedule a test.

So true lol… They transformed up here into the shell suits and then real suits with the long cashmere coats… :blush: In the 90’s 2000’s, and now can be seen trading steroids in saunas around the swimming pools. :blush:

I wouldn’t quarantine for 2 degrees of separation. @m_reed05

.19% should be written as 0.19% imo.

12 Likes

No mask, not extremely close contact, but same ~200 sq ft room. I don’t think we would have touched anything the same, and if we did, I’m pretty careful on the sanitizer and washing.

1 Like

But supposing we brought the light inside the body. Either through the skin or some other way?

12 Likes

Italian study shows 40% of cases in town showed no symptoms

A total of 40% of people infected with coronavirus in the quarantined north Italian town of Vo experienced no symptoms, according to a new study.

The study, led by a scientist at Italy’s Padua University and Imperial College London, also provided evidence that mass testing and localised lockdowns can help slow the spread of the virus.

Vo, which has a population of nearly 3,200, was put on lockdown for two weeks following the country’s first coronavirus death on 21 February. Almost the whole town was then tested.

Results showed that at the beginning of quarantine, 2.6% of the town - or 73 people - were positive. After two weeks, just 29 tested positive. Both times, around 40% of positive cases were asymptomatic.

However, the virus was controlled as those who tested positive - including those who had no symptoms - were quarantined straight away.

“Despite ‘silent’ and widespread transmission, the disease can be controlled,” said Andrea Crisanti, a professor at Padua and Imperial who co-led the work.

“Testing of all citizens, whether or not they have symptoms, provides a way to … prevent outbreaks getting out of hand.”

1 Like

We would need to literally jail about 60% of the asymptomatic positives in America to get them to quarantine. Maybe like 80%.

Actually, in fairness, we could just pay like 1/3 of them who would be going to work out of desperation. We’d have to jail the rest.

Beijing’s latest outbreak was traced to a Salmon chopping board in a wet market (ofc).

If US (UK too) could trace, imagine what we’d find. Transmission is not all aerosol.

Continue with the precautions JT!

1 Like

There was a pretty hilarious OOT thread about this.

If a 150lb person injects 3 standard drinks through enema instantly, What percentage of their blood is alcohol

• 80%
  • 8%
  • 0.8%
  • 0.08%

0 voters

1 Like

I mean, come on, guys.

On both the current version of the page and the older one, the CDC says of surface transmission, “This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more about this virus.”

ScreenHunter_1702 Jun. 30 19.11

2 Likes

thatsthejoke

sorry i thought everyone here knew all the 15 year old daliman jokes

5 Likes

I don’t think this is correct. It was a normal market, a really large one, if my memory is correct from reading about it.

Where are you getting neighborhood level numbers?