COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

https://twitter.com/KerryHowley/status/1276532804864671745

Teach the controversy …of face covering

Florida is running out of testing capacity…

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1276578570698141696

This is a child’s answer

Also, I assume the reporter didn’t follow up with, “Unless the President wants to walk down the street to church amirite?”

1 Like

I think 1320 is aggressive. I live on the coast and it’s mostly, like he said, non hospitalized under 50s. Still waiting on the inevitable shitshow tho

Do you still think there’s a chance US citizens will be in Euroland by 1 July?

I reckon a WH airbridge / bubble with Peru and Brazil more likely

Good job Trump banned China and Euro early though. That kept the case numbers down.

That’s one way to get the numbers down.

How much of DIS’s profits are due to their theme parks vs their IP / movies / streaming library? I have no clue tbh but I can’t imagine it’s very much. Just something to consider, maybe you already have.

1 Like

No. You were right about that.

1 Like

Broken clock right twice a day.

FWIW, I think EU / UK will have a second wave in 3 months time and all travel willl be off again

Sure, but have you heard about his physical fitness regimen?

Something like 37% is from theme parks overall, and I think people will disproportionately react to the flagship having to stay closed. Disney World and Disneyland combine for about 40M visitors per year, while the Tokyo parks combined get about 32M.

Ah, thats correct. Ok, update Niners/Raiders to Rams/Chargers

Ugh, I had to schedule my annual termite inspection. The company has been bugging me for a couple months. The has to come inside and check the attic. I asked about safety precautions, and they said they wear booties, a full respirator, and I believe they said like a full body suit or some shit, too, so I guess it’s probably ok. I’ll open some windows and stay away.

Well played

6 Likes

Wow that’s much higher than I would have guessed. I hope the Splash Mountain news causes some racists to sell their shares in anger and boost your return haha

Dallas Co., TX new record today.

giphy (15)

3 Likes

Wonder if this will happen in Southern states…

33 new cases in Victoria, Australia leads to 2nd wave of panic buying

I would assume Suzzer is more likely to get seriously injured in some other way that day than he is to catch COVID from someone who’s recovered from it.

The way you’re saying this is super-confusing. COVID is not under any pressure to evolve in a less virulent direction to avoid people developing a vaccine. It’s not a strategic actor. Obviously if a vaccine is rolled out to eradicate it, COVID will go extinct and other coronaviruses will be more prevalent, but before the vaccine exists, it doesn’t have any effect on the evolution of the virus.

It seems more plausible to me (as a law bro) that a COVID mutant that had a longer presymptomatic period by toning down some element of its virulence would have an advantage. In particular, it doesn’t seem true that just because existing COVID strikes a pretty good balance between virulence and presymptomatic spread, therefore a mutant couldn’t strike an even better and outcompete the existing variety. So that would be evolutionary pressure for treating us more like bats. But I don’t see what the relevance of a vaccine is.

2 Likes

Over 100 at The Villages

20 Likes