COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Yeah they’re just looking for a good opportunity to announce it so it doesn’t feel like “piling on” to DeSantis or whatever.

1 Like

I do like that Disney decided to try to distract from their decision here by announcing they are retheming the ride based around racist ass cartoon characters

1 Like

I’ll be stunned if the NBA comes to Orlando at this point. Why would they even consider it? Move their “bubble” to somewhere out in the middle of Idaho or something

1 Like

Never overestimate the stupidity of FLORIDA.

O/U on how long until NBAs “bubble” pops with infections?

That’s on the front page of today’s Sentinel

I have a significant amount of money bet on no regular season NFL games this year getting 3/1. Feeling pretty good about that right now.

I selfishly want it to work so bad, but I just don’t see how at this point.

1 Like

“Inject that COVID straight into my veins to own the libs,” they said.

3 Likes

Bars not open since ~23rd March but earmarked to open 4 July with reduced capacity and lol leave name and address details for all patrons

Gyms, Swimming Pools, Nail Bars, Beauty Salons, Massage Parlours etc still closed for foreseeable future

Lol at that being front page news.

Since rona was bound to roar back in fall anyway the blow up now actually hurts your chances, IMO.

Sidebar: note “DeShitface signs off on voucher expansion”

Not enough taxpayer cheese to expand unemployment benefits for struggling out of work people, but plenty to funnel to private schools with no oversight. Fucking shit state.

What we learned from the US task force briefing

The White House briefing has come to an end. Here’s what we learned:

• More than 126,000 people have now died from the virus in the US and more than 2.5 million confirmed cases have been reported

• 30 million tests have taken place across the country with daily testing levels reaching 500,000 a day

• The number of daily new cases had fallen from around 30,000 in April and has now risen to 40,000 today

• 16 states have seen a rise in cases - the two leading states for positive tests are Texas and Arizona

• About 5% of new confirmed cases were hospitalised, down from 15% of cases two months ago

• Half of new cases are under 35 and there has been a big rise in the number of people under 40 getting tested

• 120,000 courses of anti-viral drug remdesivir have been made available to states to treat patients. There are currently more than 140 clinical trials underway in the US

• Vice-President Mike Pence defended the recent Trump rallies telling reporters the right to assemble and the right to free speech were enshrined in the constitution

• Pence is set to make visits to Texas, Arizona and Florida in the coming days to get a ground report

I just took a small profit (~25%) on my DIS 7/2 puts to move to 7/10 and take a bigger position. I’m capping my returns somewhat, but also maintaining a really low risk of losing.

Anyway, the reason is that I have a feeling the Mouse is going to be pressured by DeSantis not to announce delays in its reopening until people’s travel is locked in for the Fourth of July weekend, then you may see the onslaught of closures and precautionary measures in Florida.

Id take your side here as well. Thats a good bet. UNless they throw together some Raiders/Niners or Jets/Giants exhibition in front of empty stands and the bet you made considers that a regular season game.

Might want to check my chart regarding Idaho.

Don’t forget the Raiders are planning on playing this season in Las Vegas.

Okay maybe another Idaho

3 Likes

Excludes exhibition or playoff games.