COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

15 Likes

Idk why you guys are concerned about dressing rooms. Hockey is 10x worse than the others (can’t change on way to game like they have been doing in European soccer) and I wouldn’t be worried. These places were getting cleaned daily pre covid.

Cleaning the locker rooms doesn’t do squat compared to the the whole breathing thing.

5 Likes

File under: WAAF

1 Like

You’re in there for ~10 minutes. Its nothing compared to guarding someone in basketball or lining up from them in football as is.

That’s not much time for locker room talk.

Scottsdale not exactly short of people with comorbidities. (Did I still not spell that right?).

LA chilling tf out today really ended the 40k sweat early. Oh well we still have tomorrow.

Still at least 700 more coming from Bexar and Travis counties in Texas.

Def not impossible but with what is out I think we wait one more day.

They are quite a bit better than that, especially if everyone involved is wearing one. A plain cloth one on its own is stopping more than 70% of particles. By using the right material and doubling up, you get it way higher. By getting full compliance it really gets up into the high 90s.

Is it 70% breathing out and 70% breathing in? That would suggest over 90% effective if both parties are wearing it.

Those videos we saw early on (from China I think?) showing particles in the air with talking loudly and sneezing could have been elaborated upon massively. The kind of thing a competent government would have tried to spearhead immediately.

Instead, we’re ending federal support for testing centers. It’s beyond belief.

1 Like

I don’t know when this started, but I approve.

clt

10 Likes

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

Today was the first day that barber shops were open in Toronto, I had to go get a haircut- my hair was 3 months longer than it had ever been before.

Despite being arguably the 2nd worst state for virus spread South Carolina remains OPEN FOR BUSINESS with almost zero mask compliance. It’s only going to get worse from here. Team Riverman is basically full on isolation, all groceries delivered and wiped down and only outside for exercise.

8 Likes

You moved from Ohio to SC?

1 Like

I think they just recently opened some of the border between us, I think manitobans can go to Kenora.

Fire the messenger