COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

I could be wrong but I don’t think we have any specific treatments for COVID19 at this time.

I think some hospitals are giving remdesivir which seems likely to be helping, some are doing nasal O2 before venting becomes necessary and some patients are avoiding going on ventilators as a result.

It’s never been without criticism, but it’s an iconic and historic architectural landmark. One of the most humanist and whimsical examples of brutalism.

Happy Father’s Day To all the Dads itt. And you kids call you Dad/father figure.

Broke the cherry on my new blackstone griddle for lunch. Cheesesteaks turned out fantastic, much better than trying to use the grill.

Now we just need all the baseball and soccer teams in the play fields right behind my yard and We’ll make millions!image image

5 Likes

Nope, gotta be one of the worst drives, at least the stretch through Nebraska.

1 Like

My brother in law just said “If you can smell a fart through a mask then it’s not going to help with COVID” I’m got 30 more hours here and I’m driving back home. I can do it.

7 Likes

Wow I would have gone all volatile gas molecule vs virus particle size on his ass. I’m sure we is worried about CO2 getting trapped as well?

1 Like

ask him if you can cough in his face with and without a mask on and see which he prefers

Or just tell him you agree with him and bust out a welding mask, wear a trash bag as a poncho, and put on a snorkel with a 25ft hose so you can always breathe fresh air, just to be safe.

2 Likes

India is getting hospital overruns, not that they had enough vents anyway.

The lack of leadership and direction in this timeline is absolutely criminal. The last time I went to the grocery store in NH there was 100% compliance with masks. Just went again today and compliance was probably about 50%. People cannot even be bothered to follow the one way signs in the aisles. I believe some of them are intentionally going the wrong way because the grocery store is not the boss of them. I had to tell some guy to fuck himself because he looked at me and said, “ya I’m going the wrong way, what about it.”

The one thing everybody can do that makes a drastic positive difference and our “leaders” are actively trying to prevent compliance. Infuriating.

1 Like

From the first angle, I thought if they painted it white and put some little fake towers or something on it, it would like something out of fantasy. Second pic is just like, nah bulldoze it.

Same thing’s happening in Prague. There’s a contact tracing app that pretty much nobody is using. Lot of people working at bars, restaurants and convenience stores use it but your average person doesn’t. I’ve been all over the city and haven’t had anything classified as a “close encounter” with anybody who has the app too.

Y’all are giving me a serious case of the architectural sads.

I’m with you zik. I think it looks cool AF.

1 Like

You toil away for years, it’s all metabolism this and un maison est une machine-à-habiter the other and people just stubbornly refuse to like drab, fungible concrete boxes, no matter how artfully you stack them. Philistines! :cry:

No one: …
Trump: “YOURE GOD DAMNED RIGHT I ORDERED THE CODE RED”

4 Likes

1 Like

It’s not just a looks cool/bad thing. Habitat 67 is an important and (relatively, apparently?) well known part of architectural history. It is taught and studied as one of the key mid-century buildings of its type.

The units, which were originally meant to be affordable housing, are now quite desirable and routinely sell for 7 figures (insert lol CA$ joke here).

Well I’m only playing (though seriously — a dab of white paint, some fake towerlets flying colourful pennants…), and I’m sure you know this, but a lot of those brutalist affordable housing structures were turned into these amenity-free deserts that led to all kinds of ghettoisation and attendant social ills. Not great! Obviously needing more than a paintjob and some faux-mediaeval towerlets to fix, though.

https://twitter.com/NightlyPolitics/status/1274792032909705216?s=19

2 Likes