COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

yeah. just straight lying from the “man of god” VP.

we never even tried to flatten the curve. almost everything was still open here throughout. i mean the strip club in town has been open for WEEKS. and the parking lot is packed.

2 Likes

Cloth and disposable masks do offer some protection to the wearer.

FLORIDA

1 Like

I dunno I have a better chance of getting laid in the next 3 months if I’m hospitalized.

1 Like

OHIO GOAT

Asshole says he can’t taste bacon maybe get out in the streets.

1 Like

He married his dog and unfortunately neither of them were fixed. Please spay and neuter your Republicans, friends.

2 Likes

This deserves a Pulitzer

“This is a brain-washed cult here and our country is going down the drain,” she said. “We have a pervert, a lying piece of garbage for president, and we need to get rid of him.”

6 Likes

I like to be careful about big dickswinging predictions but man Florida looks like it’s headed for a disaster when summer is over.

1 Like

Lord Jesus

“We need to bring the draft back to make young people appreciate that they live in the greatest country in the world,” she said.

3 Likes

Got tested on the weekend in Australia as I had felt unwell for several days. Testing facility had run 8500 tests and had no positives as of yet. They said barely anyone has been getting tested of late. Pretty crazy considering the rest of the world.

3 Likes

Yeah yeah buddy congrats must be nice not to live in the 3rd world you privileged jerk.

Edit: Hope you feel better.

7 Likes

Yeah I really do empathise with everyone else ITT. The combination of ignorance in the population and in the government is just disastrous and really terrible for the reputation of Americans. I don’t think I’ve heard such anti american sentiment from friends/social media in Australia ever even post 2016 election.

1 Like

Yeah well when the vaccine takes 4 years and we all have that sweet sweet herd immunity, you guys are gonna be missing our tourist dollars.

If (99% lock) our Trump-worshipping PM is still around then I’m sure we will let Americans in antibodies or no.

I think one important but not talked about impact on the economy and future economic troubles is the fact that the feds cancelled the 10% penalty on covid related 401k withdrawl. With such a large percentage of people put of work, we will probably see a bunch of earl 401k withdrawl and who knows what that will do to the long term retirement health of the population at large.

Thread has moved on, but I want to echo what others have said. Part of the reason I am so diligent about wearing a mask is to normalize it for others. The more people they see wearing masks the more likely it is for them to adopt the practice themselves.

13 Likes

Since I’m committed to the mask, I might as well look fly as shit wearing it. Bought this bad boy. (Picture isn’t me)

1 Like

People still “celebrate” Galileo’s telescopic observations and drawings of the moon 400 years ago.

There’s been numerous financial panics in the US and, other than the depression, people forget those. First of it’s kind events are a bigger deal than major outlier of a repeating event.

1 Like

Officials visited roughly 2,000 restaurants over the weekend and found that half of them were not in compliance with the county’s guidelines.

Restaurants that violated the orders will be revisited, and patrons who notice potential risks at eateries can lodge a complaint via a public health department hotline.