COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

It’s 27C in my condo now, and I just have a fan running, even though I have an A/C unit that would drop the temperature within 30 minutes.

I feel very comfortable.

All that cold, grey weather has ruined you.

4 Likes

I think the heat from the fires kills the virus, though.

We will truly find out if the GOP is a death cult.

1 Like

The British know how to BBQ???

2 Likes

how else would you cook those tiny little sausages?

Sniglets! Also Not Necessarily the News.

/old

A friend of mine who’s about 5 years younger than me started dating a guy who was 5 years younger than her. I knew he had to be all right when he broke out a Stuart Pankin reference.

1 Like

Um, boil it? Same as they do for every other meat. And vegetable. And grain.

3 Likes

No, they do not. The British know how to grill (more or less). They have no idea how to slow cook at low temperatures with smoke.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/adamliptak/status/1266581076136398849?s=20

1 Like

Sacramento area clocked in at 106 yesterday. Lol at those 77 scorchers

1 Like

You’re more correct than Wookie if I remember correctly. Even though the UK is more northern, their place on the jetstream and weather patters are very similar. \

However, I think the most similar place to the PNW is somewhere near Bergen Norway, which has the same rainforest climate as the PNW with a ton of rain in the fall to spring months.

1 Like

Hundreds of anti-vaccination, anti-5G, conspiracy theorist protesters have blocked a highway in Brisbane as similar protests took place in Melbourne and Sydney.

The protesters carried placards calling the coronavirus pandemic a “scam” and declaring their opposition to 5G mobile technology and vaccination.

When the cops aren’t killing people, guess ya gotta find something else to protect.

Merkel gives G7 summit in US a miss

German Chancellor Angela Merkel won’t be going to an in-person summit of G7 leaders in late June, her spokesman has said.

The summit had been moved online earlier this year in response to the coronavirus pandemic, but last week US President Donald Trump said he would host the summit in person after all, at both the White House and Camp David.

Mrs Merkel’s spokesman Steffen Seibert was quoted as saying: “As of today, considering the overall pandemic situation, she cannot agree to her personal participation, to a journey to Washington. The federal chancellor thanks President Trump for his invitation to the G7 summit.”

However, a French official said President Emmanuel Macron would be “willing to go to Camp David if the health conditions allow”.

The US has the world’s highest coronavirus death toll by far. More than 102,000 people have died, and over 1.7m people have confirmed as having the virus.

It warms my heart to know America doesn’t have the idiocy market completely cornered.

2 Likes

These dense motherfuckers don’t realize they have a choice to go in the store or not.

I’ve been told this sort of thing is IMPOSSIBLE!

2 Likes

I’m not sure that’s a huge sin. I used to fry the mince (ground beef) but don’t anymore as I think any extra flavour is minimal given the tomatoes herbs and onions. I still would with a stew though.

In a surprise to absolutely no one, the orange and fox are going to use the protests as cover for the increases in cases when in becomes expedient.

4 Likes

The “if” part is funny.