COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Ain’t that some shit.

1 Like

Mexico City records ‘8,000 excess deaths’

Mexico’s capital has registered 8,072 more deaths than usual in the first five months of this year, a study has found, casting doubt on the country’s official coronavirus figures.

The total number of deaths in Mexico City was 39,173 between 1 January and 20 May this year, compared with 31,101 on average during the same period in the previous four years, the study said.

So far, Mexico City’s health authorities have confirmed 1,655 coronavirus-related deaths since the pandemic started.

The true death toll is believed to be much higher but, due to a lack of testing, an accurate figure is difficult to establish.

The study estimates that around 25% of the “excess mortality” it reported was attributable to Covid-19.

“While studying excess deaths allows us to identify a higher mortality rate during the Covid-19 crisis, it is not sufficient to attribute it directly or solely to the virus,” Laurianne Despeghel, one of the study’s authors, said.

Mexico has recorded 7,633 deaths and 71,105 infections, figures from a US university show.

Read more: Mexico at ‘peak moment’ of coronavirus

1 Like

The baby absolutely will have horns.

5 Likes

Where did you find this info?

Ms. Cooper got her administrative leave changed to a firing today.

Not a great couple days to be a racist!

1 Like

The way she lost the dog so quick makes me think someone from animal control saw the video, went to her, and gave her the choice: Humane Society, perhaps temporarily -vs- the pound, see you in court.

At least she can’t get evicted.

1 Like

I’ve never been more demoralized in my life. Its like 40+% of the country is living a different reality where science, compassion, and reasoning is fake news pussy shit. This bus is heading downhill with no breaks and the driver is out of his fucking mind. Only choice is herd immunity or a miracle vaccine to occur way sooner than anything else in history (even with a vaccine, good luck providing it to 8 billion people quickly; oh and sorry if you are poor, you’ll get the last batch).

Woke up in a shitty mood today so I jammed out to System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine for the first time in like 15 years. That along with beating the shit out of a giant ice cluster that was stuck in my freezer helped.

16 Likes

Maybe. I think she just realized how badly she messed up and is taking the path of least resistance going forward. She needs to lay low for a couple of months and then come out with a MAGA book about being oppressed by the liberals. If she times it right and makes it a pro Trump book she can probably get a PAC to buy a few hundred thousand before the election.

3 Likes

I HAVE CLOSED THE COUNTRY TO THE UNITED STATES UNTIL WE FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

1 Like

I wouldn’t sweat it - being lazy and gluttonous and then waiting for a miracle pill to fix it is pretty much on-brand for USA#1. We run super hot, easy breezy.

Also don’t need 8 billion vaccine doses, just 100 million or so for the wealthy white folks.

2 Likes

I think someone who used to walk the dog for her recognized them and tweeted about it. He even classified her as a “good” dog owner. Twitter peeps contacted the shelter then. At least that is my general understanding.

Some shelters do not mess around. You have to sign a lengthy contract and you can have your adoption revoked for breaking one of several rules.

This is very true, the US will call this a huge win if they get a vaccine that costs 10,000. I think many Americans would love to lord it over the
poors by saying if you want your vaccine you’ve got to pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Here’s a few categories of people that we should catapult to the fucking moon.

1. Generational wealth that believe they hit a triple when they started on 3rd base.

2. MAGA fuckheads that tote around weapons, confederate flags, and “Don’t Tread on Me” stickers.

3. Karens

4. Mitch McConnell and 80% of the GOP

5. Climate Change/COVID Denialists

6. Poor people that don’t support taxing the rich because they just know their time is coming soon and they will be millionaires.

7. People that stand directly next to baggage claims.

19 Likes

We had a Que at the play park, parents waiting patiently in vehicles while the other parents played and then left. It was actually amazing to see.

:ok_hand:

Amy Cooper? Did Amy Farrah Fowler take her husbands name?

2 Likes

And the other 20% are ground up and used as fuel for the rockets?

5 Likes

There are a lot of potholes that need filling.

4 Likes

I first read “host spots” as “hot spots” though I think either is correct.

2 Likes

How the fuck are Chicago and LA being considered as viable options?