COVID-19: Chapter 4 - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Not 30% overall chance, 30% of the average chance among people residing with an infected person. Over 65 is 150%.

1 Like

Man, those Ozarks videos are amazing. Not even a single attractive female in those huge crowds. It must have been so much fun standing next to 4000 other white trash in three feet of bacteria infested water.

6 Likes

There was at least one armed black dude there. He has a special MAGA license though so donā€™t fret, the 2nd amendment will hold.

The best looking girls in places like the Ozarks end up in California or NYC if they hit the jackpot and donā€™t get knocked up.

That one picture was taken in Gonorrhea Gulch.

1 Like

About to go to bed. Really looking forward to all the pics and video tomorrow of the death cult turning that shit up to 11 on the holiday where we celebrateā€¦ the people who have died for the country.

3 Likes

They know what an honor it is to die for your freedom and want to give it a shot.

2 Likes

Not exactly no. Itā€™s not a popular opinion, but Iā€™m fairly certain weā€™re well past diminishing returns on freedom in general in the US, and nowhere quite so much as freedom of speech. We came up with our extremist position on the matter before modern communications technologies, and it has occurred to me on several occasions that Democracy, true free speech, and the internet might not actually be able to coexist. The ability to lie in a broadcast way and create a kind of global gish gallop that signal jams the citizenry out of being able to make any kind of informed vote might break the entire format.

All of that being said under our current laws itā€™s absolutely true that this was an obvious legal example of free speech.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1264737656375775232

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1264866310930010113

The insane part is opening at the peak.

I do not know what to make of the states data combining sero testing with pcr testing. Iā€™ve seen a lot of folks putting much weight on number of tests and percent positive. Now it all seems like bullshit even if just highly confounding.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/dubious-state-testing-numbers-may-be-screwing-up-national-cdc-reports/

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1264862801316712454

Haha freedom ($@$%^~<

3 Likes

Anecdotally mask wearing is way down here. And it was never that good in the first place. Freedom!

2 Likes

Itā€™s interesting, there was almost zero take-up of mask-wearing here among non Asian people (many Asians wear masks when they are sick even pre-COVID), because by the time it became clear masks were effective, the Australian outbreak was already on the decline. Nobody was ever worried enough about it to get any. As a result I wonder if we might find it hard to convince people to start if we have a flare-up at any point.

I was an early mask wearer in aus when it was weird enough to get looks.

I still wear mine to the supermarkets. Normally 90% of Asians in masks and a few others. Just enough that I donā€™t stand out.

It was much higher just at the start of the lockdown.

And my prize for predicting a global world wide calamity before 99.9% of the worldā€¦ isā€¦

This shout out from youā€¦

Somehow we got to find a way to monetize the braintrust here.

EDIT.

On the other hand. Given I we couldnā€™t know aus was gonna luckbox it. Taking early precautions probably earned my 80 year old dad a couple of sklansky years of life expectancy.

4 Likes

You needed to buy puts on airline and cruise stocks, calls on Zoom and Amazon, etcā€¦

1 Like

Never mind this. I thought they studied 35 asymptomatic carriers with 455 contacts, but apparently they actually only studied one carrier. Itā€™s confusing how itā€™s written in the abstract but obviously if itā€™s only one carrier they studied Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s even being published.

1 Like

Hey, just because John Walker was afraid of fire is no reason for me to not make a little money selling books of matches. Your analysis is like a free polio vaccine.