COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Just heard an anecdote that a healthcare system in a small town in Tennessee processed 9,000 tests last week with a 43% positivity rate.

Isnā€™t the entire state of South Dakota at about that rate?

EDIT: Yeah, I wasnā€™t imagining things. 41% over the last week on PCR tests.

1 Like

wow could you be more obtuse

I donā€™t care if you personally are swiping cards

we all know why they are offering you more money to work more, this isnā€™t about anyones motivations

are the patients being charged 1.5x your normal fee or not? itā€™s a simple question.

These are good: VIDA | KidsĆ¢Ā€Ā™ Masks

1 Like

No

ok so where does the extra money you earn on these shifts come from?

lol

The physician group that I work for.

And to end this now, the hospital isnā€™t paying more to the group because of this shortage

40% positive = 100% Red White And Blue Freedom!

I would advise against ordering from BFM for now. I placed an order with them on the 4th and it has been ā€œawaiting fulfilmentā€ since then, they have not responding to messages Iā€™ve sent through the website, or to emails, nobody is answering the phone. I filed a paypal complaint so it looks like I might get my money back inā€¦ May

where is the money coming from? Is your physicians group printing it?

Yes. Pretty sure if you shot a 90 year old in hospice care youā€™d still get charged with murder and it would get counted as a gun death.

Iā€™m assuming the positive takes on this guy are sarcasm.

Nearly all of our income comes from billing patients and agreements with insurance companies, not from the hospital, although I donā€™t know the percentage off hand. Itā€™s very low typically unless you work in an area with a poor payer mix.

So basically, the money is coming out of our groups bottom line. Spew at someone else

Iā€™m not spewing, Iā€™m asking a sincere question. In the other thread you implied that in the case of the nurse practicioner, the $38 that the patient was billed went directly to the nurse. what youā€™re saying here implies that no, it doesnā€™t go to the nurse, it goes to whoever she works for and then they pay her.

you give out vague and incomplete info and then you also get mad at people who donā€™t read your mind and know exactly how the system works.

Wow that sucks, sorry. Seems like I got really lucky, I used them for over a year with no problems and then noticed more comfortable N95s available locally cheaper, and stopped using BonaFide.

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m unable to explain the entirety of ER billing to you in a few paragraphs. Thereā€™s wild variations in how that part of the payment goes down. You can badger someone else for every little detail.

In my example I work for a group that most of us are part owners in. The money for that 1.5x is coming from our company.

Two years since @Rugby started our first COVID thread.

11 Likes

If the pandemic gathers speed, we can all rely on our governments to respond with rational, science led approaches

Nailed it (yes I know he was being sarcastic)

2 Likes

Because patients were overcharged before?

I mean, if your company continued paying 1.5x would it eventually go broke without hiking patient charges?