COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

I was about to post this and got the alert that it had already been posted.

What do you think the explanation is?

slow pony, most likely

19 Likes

@BestOf

2 Likes

Thanks for the literal lol.

1 Like

Which previously banned poster are you?

All of them.

Welcome to the community @Raskolnikov!

1 Like

I highly doubt covid fatigue applies to USAā€™ers only

Wut? Lol if all patients werenā€™t being tested in earlier waves - must have had lots of spread in USA hospitals. Our World in Data indicates the US had no stats for ā€˜no. of covid patients in hospitalsā€™ pre July 2020! This doesnā€™t explain why the USA rate vs other countries is higher this wave.

Less healthy population may have some legs but does the US have an older population than ā€˜Europeā€™ - maybe when eastern EU countries are added into the mix but probably not those countries in the graph.

Always hard to compare countries. Harder to compare a country to a continent.

Iā€™d go for: -
No vaccine mixing - Only MRNA vaccines in US and Canada - ok, some J&J (US) but small by comparison
Higher vaccine waning and Slow booster rollout - Less of the population tripled vaxxed when Omicron arrived - despite the advance warning and countries with better survellance altering their booster schedules, some as low as 3 months i.e. 3-4 week gap between 1st & 2nd doses (US) then 5-6month wait for booster - must be super low protection against severe infection 4 months after 2nd dose
Lower vaxxed population in general (US)
US Covid data less reliable overall

Just goes to show that itā€™s relatively pointless western countries going by South African stats when trying to predict their Omicron outcomes. And, to a lesser extent, US looking at UK numbers and predicting similar outcomes i.e. still no vax in the UK for under 12ā€™s. 12-16yrs recently eligible for second dose so none of those boostered - may lead you to think the patients per capita should be higher in the UK.

Why do you think the US is experiencing a more severe Omicron wave than other countries?

Iā€™d still love to see what two weeks of lockdown can do to knock that damn thing down. I worry omicron would just roar back quickly.

1 Like

LOCKDOWNS DONā€™T EVEN WORK!

1 Like

Mom pozzed again. Second time after having covid once, getting double vax and boosted. My parents have some bad luck.

14 Likes

What an absolute cretin

1 Like

Got a negative result from my first ever COVID test. No symptoms or anything, just a requirement for my surgery later today.

13 Likes

Good luck with the surgery!

8 Likes

Such a great word :sunglasses:

2 Likes

We have a certain prickly poster here once in a while who uses the same strategy for ā€œlearningā€ things. Itā€™s a real perversion of the scientific method to go Hypothesis ā†’ Test/Research ā†’ Contradiction of hypothesis ā†’ Well the test/research must be wrong, someone has to give me more different research forever until the hypothesis is proven.

3 Likes

The hidden power of 27o.

Maybe? That the test positivity is sky high and still climbing isnā€™t all reassuring that things are getting that much better.

1 Like

Only if the vaxxed rate is roughly 8 fold the unvaxxed (ie about 88% vaxxed). And obviously who the fuck cares.

Nice to have Joe have his hat handed to him live. ā€œBut can we trust these numbersā€. Obviously better than the numbers you make up in your head, fuck face.