COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

absolutely

I very rarely test, basically just when I’m traveling, which has been wildly less than what I did before the pandemic. I haven’t had any symptoms to speak of but absolutely possible and honestly it seems statistically likely that I had it and didn’t catch it with a test.

well im sick as all fuck but it isn’t covid, 2 negative tests. seems to be the story every time.

1 Like

I would have answered no in that pole yesterday morning!

Thus far my covid experience is boring, a bit of a runny nose and headache in the morning, and every hour or two I will have five mighty sneezes in a row. Spent four hours this morning cleaning out our storage room. I would absolutely have gone about my business if not for a pozz.

4 Likes

Maybe just the flu, I’ve had a couple of colleagues get the flu in the last month or so and they both said the symptoms were worse than when the had COVID. Never leave the house again, IMO.

well this same thing happened to me a few months ago - i guess i got flu twice. no symptoms of h/f/m other than sore throat. just cough, severe sinus stuff, bad sore throat that comes and goes

YOLO baby

Those are my symptoms too.

My family tests (usually multiple times) pretty much any time someone is sick and still haven’t tested positive. I have no idea how. We have two little ones, one at school and one at a babysitter with multiple other kids. And we pretty much went back to 2019 levels of precaution at least a year ago. We even had a family funeral where multiple family members got it. Not us.

We are vaxxed to the max.

4 Likes

Wife and I contracted covid on 9/10. When would y’all suggest we go bivalent? Both are Pfizer triple dipped already.

Seems like 3 months was the thing - my instinct was to go for right at 12/10 to have a couple weeks to marinate before Christmas…

I’m sure this is upthread but why are China’s vaccines so shitty?

Got the flu vaccine last week and bivariant Pfizer yesterday. So far zero side effects.

My doc said to wait the full three months after.

1 Like

Seems reasonable, I think they’re saying 2 months minimum but CaffeineNeeded probably is more up to date on the latest on that. If you’re gathering on 12/24 or 12/25, two weeks before the first gathering seems ideal.

1 Like

I assume it has to do with the CCP not wanting to pay for western vaccines or admit that western vaccines are better? I’m not sure. I know Moderna and I assume Pfizer are trying to tap that market.

They don’t have MRNA vaccines and those remain the gold standard for COVId.

You’d think the people that created the virus would have the antidote.

1 Like

Yeah, this sounds reasonable.

1 Like

Some people are just built different.

A friend and I made a bet about how many total official COVID deaths Australia would have at end 2022. This was in mid to late 2021, before Omicron was even a thing and when Australia still had very little COVID. The terms of the bet were that he set a line and I could have 1.80 (-125 in American odds) in either direction. He set the line 17,500. I took under.

Well, coming into December, things are amazingly close.

He needs the average to be 43 deaths/day from now on. Currently more like 17, but we have another wave on the rise. Deaths/day were in the 90s at the peak of the winter wave, but it’s summer now. So I think I will win, but we did a pretty good job forecasting (though for the record, the line I would have set would have been 14,000).

In other somewhat related to COVID news, Victoria (state of which Melbourne is the capital) had an election around a week ago. Melbourne was famously the second most locked-down city in the world. The same party and Premier who steered them through the pandemic won a crushing victory. I guess they hate freedom over there, no accounting for taste.

2 Likes

I got COVID at the end of April. Then got the new vaccine in early October.

Though I had to wait 6 months but apparently I didn’t.

1 Like