COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

My 10sec impression is not great, but I’ll read the first couple of papers he links.

Definitely hope this is true, but after watching a huge chunk of the US population openly calling for Fauci to be publicly executed, I know I wouldn’t be tripping over myself to do some science in this climate.

That makes sense, but it also makes sense to me that if everyone has slightly weakened immune systems - in particular, suppressed immune memory, you’d get more waves of RSV (and everything basically) that are more significant, because there are simply more cases going around and thus a higher raw total of severe cases even if percentage wise not much has changed or it’s slightly improved.

Also it might manifest as what used to be a bad year being a normal year, because the lack of immune memory population-wide leads to less acquired immunity in the population each year.

It seems to me, as a layman, as if it’s going to be hard to figure out definitively whether it’s a thing and perhaps impossible to prove why.

I am flying out of a major florida airport today and I literally am the only one wearing a mask. been here an hour, still havent seen one

That was my experience flying out of Orlando over Veterans Day Weekend. Didn’t get Covid though!

Yeah, the immune stuff is definitely still more up in the air than the elevated risk of heart attack or stroke post mild COVID.

1 Like

Never had COVID (to my knowledge), but voted bastard for the anonymous poll displayed as a pie chart.

1 Like

Lol I’ll fix it.

Pole Time:

• I have never had Covid.
  • I am pretty sure I had Covid but didn’t test.
  • I had a PCR or Antigen confirmed case of Covid.
  • Bastard.

0 voters

That is a lot more covid-less than I would have guessed at this point.

2 Likes

Same. Most people I know have already had covid.

I am still able to work remotely 90% of the time and when I go in I bump into like 4 people all day.

I have also maintained masking habits in places like the subway.

No kids?

Correct.

My wife, my kids, and I all mask in all social settings. My wife got it but my kids and I have so far avoided it, which is pretty incredible given our trips to Disney during Covid. Nobody on the maternal side of my family (My mom, my brother, my brother’s children, my grandmother, my aunts), etc. have gotten it either.

1 Like

Isn’t it likely that many people who never had covid actually did have covid but just don’t know it?

Possible, but I test a fucking lot.

Sure. I don’t test myself really.

Haven’t flown in a year, do I need my vac card? I currently have misplaced it

No

1 Like