COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

will_poulter

7 Likes

i got my flu shot and a tetanus shot friday. 1 in each shoulder. i feel armor-plated!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten nothing so far and Iā€™ve taken 4 shots lolā€¦ Maybe this time!

Really? Where have you gone.

I got my last at a Walgreens. Got a coupon for $15 off my next $30 purchase. I just threw that in the trash on my way out.

All at CVS I think.

6x6367

11 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten to stay on Team NOvid!

4 Likes

With all the precautions you take, you may have made on the Team sans vax.

1 Like

After the first booster I was maskless for a few months.

Yesterday I finally got my 2nd booster. I live far outside the city and the closest major vaccination center is almost an hour away and had a very limited supply of bivalents. But yesterday a mobile vaxx unit came to an area closer to my house and I was able to get in. The province has been using some converted commuter buses to drive around the province and distribute vaccines.

downloadgovaxx

8 Likes

Welp, last night sucked as expected. Itā€™s still fascinates me every time how strongly your body reacts to such a small amount of material. Currently have a fever, bad headache, chills, theyā€™re multiplying, body aches, and an arm that feels like it was shot. Luckily I get to leave at 7am to go chaperone my neice on her first ever field trip to a pumpkin patch. Gonna feel great! /s

2 Likes

You commute downtown for work a lot from far outside the city?

Very rarely. My situation is that before the pandemic we were living in a condo in city and both worked downtown. My wife got an amazing job offer from a rural hospital, so we ended up buying a place in the country but keeping our condo in the city because I was still working downtown. For a while I was doing a rolling weekly scheduled - to the city Sunday night, work in the office M, T, W, back up to the country and WFH T and F then spend the weekend in the country. This was before WFH was the norm so it was (implicitly) necessary for me to be in the office on the regular.

During 2020 and 2021 of course I wasnā€™t going into the office so I basically just stayed in the country full time WFH. We kept our condo in the city, which is expensive but weā€™ve had some younger family members stay in it which has helped them out a lot and allows us to hang onto a valuable asset. This year Iā€™ve been into the office a handful of times but I donā€™t go down regularly. Itā€™s more that if there is a reason to be downtown Iā€™ll pop into the office for a bit and hang out.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1582103904342315009?t=o0wzruFOzRNN0Rc-mFkwPQ&s=19

Working hard! Thank you!

7 Likes

Humanity deserves extinction.

If they also have a vaccine I say let her rip.

That article has zero source links, and I canā€™t find anything about this anywhere else on the internet.

The lab nerds are getting jealous of the people drilling miles into polar ice to find eons-old, unfamiliar pathogens in the big race to end humanity

Found a link to this paper from a Daily Mail article about this topic. Havenā€™t had a chance to read it though

1 Like

Researchers at Boston University say they have developed a new COVID strain that has an 80% kill rate following a series of similar experiments first thought to have started the global pandemic that began in China.

Jesus Christ theyā€™ve gone full Alex Jones.

1 Like