COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Yeah, the first one is always a 2 shot series, then it’s one a year from that point on.

1 Like

I got pretty much the same sore/slightly swollen shoulder from the bivalent Pfizer booster as I did with the previous Moderna booster. I guess I’m lucky with vaccines because that’s it for side effects, no chills or anything even with the bonus flu vaccine.

I did not know that… and given the baby goes goblin mode for 48 hours after any vaccine I’m not exactly excited about that

1 Like

I guess I’m lucky, my kids barely react to vaccines while they tend to floor me. Then again my 3 year old will run around off the fucking walls with a. 103 fever.

1 Like

Only time my kid had a bad reaction was after he turned 5 and tested out of his egg allergy, so they caught him up on all the egg based ones he missed. He feinted on the 4th needle. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Walgreens site for bivalent for 5-12 year olds is live. Moderna is immediately available, Pfizer looks like iit’s available starting next week. At least in New York.

So what you’re saying is the flu vaccine doesn’t work!

1 Like

16 hours later and no symptoms at all.

12 Likes

if you guys want a control group I just got my 4th pfizer dose. this is a pfizer household now.

Does Pfizer have a deal like coffee shops where if you get 10 vaccines from them the 11th is free?

2 Likes

it’s just what’s always available, I didnt even ask, thats just what they put in me when i walked into rite aid today. no appointment needed.

my card looks pretty funny now

Same for me. Never had a choice and I didn’t go out of my way like some others who drive an hour to get Moderna.

1 Like

This is America. We give you 4 shots free and then start charging through the nose.

1 Like

typical sore arm but no other ill effects ~17 hours later

expected that as the first three I didn’t really have any negative effects

2 Likes

Have a cold now. Pretty sure it’s not COVID based on negative PCR and two negative antigen tests. This shit is terrible. I’d rather get COVID again. I’d gladly jab myself every six months if someone invented an effective vaccine for this.

Is the bivalent protrcting against BQ1?

Too soon to tell I believe. BQ1 is a subset of BA.5, which is part of the bivalent vaccine thought. Will come down to how good those immune evading mutations are.

What’s everyone’s experience with the bivarariant vaccine? Kicking your butt or no different than previous?

No different for me, other than a craving for clams.

6 Likes