COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Anyway, BA.4 and BA.5 now driving infections Euroside (little bit more infectious than BA.2, no immunity inferred from BA.1 or BA.2, death rate not gone up - BA.4 and BA.5 proving dominant over the other Omicrons (see Portugal and slowly the rest of the Eurozone) - VOC since about 3 weeks ago - should be a fun summer

Everyone loves a link…

Whilst Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 are in the early stages of growth in the UK, analysis of the available data suggests that they are likely to have a growth advantage over the currently-dominant Omicron BA.2 variant.

There can be several reasons for growth advantage, but in the case of BA.4 and BA.5, laboratory data suggests a degree of immune escape which is likely to contribute.

1 Like

No immunity inferred means?

BA.4/5 doesn’t care if you’ve had BA.1 or 2 i.e. reinfections are rife in those that had early Omicron - according to Portugal where it’s at 37% about a week ago… UK already seeing BA.4 or 5 outcompete BA.1 or 2, hence the VOC…but no more deadly than earlier Omicron

1 Like

Well it’s a virus. Do you have a citation showing literally no protection from recent infection or is this an exaggeration? You last linked source says “degree of immune escape”

Getting closer with substantial

Your citation makes it clear that your original assertion was wrong as I suspected. Thank you

that word you love so much… ‘dodge’… ‘avoid’

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/omicron-ba-4-ba-5-can-dodge-immunity-from-infection-covid-vax-study-122050100722_1.html

rut roh

‘can escape’… ‘extensive’

gimme a break, CN

This is not going to turn into a long back and forth when you keep on providing sources that contradict what you say.

Thanks

1 Like

Look who’s back for some more trolling!

Will CN fall for it? Clearly he will.

1 Like

Jeez tamest of responses from me there. Not sure what else I’m supposed to do. Are we to the point where we all just ignore everything churchill says when he wildly makes up shit? If so fair enough.

I’m genuinely not sure if it’s even worth correcting Chuch at this point; everyone by now presumably knows he’s peddling disinformation.

1 Like

I mean maybe but then victor is maybe sincere?

Prob not though tbf

Couldn’t say; I mostly skip over over Vic posts.

1 Like

Don’t respond. Put him on ignore if that helps.

Yes.

5 Likes

Does the difference between “no immunity” and “substantial immune escape” really amount to peddling disinformation when making a short post linking to a news story?

Who is this trolling? Is someone here so married to the notion of some protection from infection of related variants that they feel attacked by that post?

For the data cited, yes 100%.

Yes. And it’s really not hard for him to avoid wildly exaggerating this kind of thing.

Yes god dammit. People should’ve been at this point two years ago.

3 Likes

CN, obviously you are unaware that “can” and “may” are synonyms for “must” and “”always will.”

1 Like