COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

Yes, but that’s pretty much my deal 24/7/365 because of allergies.

1 Like

I’m leaning toward allergies because it’s very much allergy season here and the pollen always hits me hard.

i had it back in Dec/Jan so it was probably omicron but my symptoms were runny nose, sneezing, kind of just tired feeling. very mild compared to what people seem to be getting in this variant.

1 Like

Chest felt sore one day and started with a cough. Congested for two days but no fever or feeling tired. I’m trying to isolate for 10 days, but it’s getting tough as I feel great now at day 8.

Thrice vaxxed with Pfizer and felt mostly like allergies. Still testing positive with antigen tests

1 Like

Started with a sore throat for me. Then came cough that stayed for the duration of the infection, fever, then diarrhea, then running nose and sneezing. Fatigue throughout but thats my baseline anyway. Cough lasted longer than any other symptom.

Having a pulsox was huge for my sanity. I stayed between 95 and 99 the whole time and that really helped keep me at ease knowing I wasn’t actually starving for oxygen at any point.

2 Likes

Her practice has a prescription line. She called. Told them her home test is poz and her symptoms. No problems, got it called into the pharmacy no questions.

Not happy her sat is running 93. Of course don’t know her baseline. She seems ok aside from cold symptoms for now. Hopefully the drug kicks in quickly.

2 Likes

I dodged a bullet this past weekend, when I cancelled last minute on a weekend bachelor party for one of my best friends. 3 days later one guy just reported pozzed. They all stayed in a house together for the weekend.

My mid-70s aunt pozzed a few days ago. Apparently she got fucking monoclonal antibodies, but no Paxlovid. She’s feeling better apparently, but it’s nuts. Ivermectin has a higher profile than the real-life miracle pill.

But Paxlovid doesn’t anger libs. What’s the point?

1 Like

Monoclonals are not preferred for Omicron (I think). Small town?

The distribution plan for Paxlovid is basically if you are rich and white and want it, then you get it instantly, others have to run a gauntlet.

Dems continue to be an absolute disgrace on COVID.

It’s really not that hard to get paxlovid, and there’s a lot of reasons you can’t give it. Doubt someone got monoclonal so but didn’t have access to paxlovid

Also - there still is one monoclonal antibody available

Completely disagree from my experiences and what Ive heard from people, both online and in my community. It is easy to get if you are rich, white, and know how to work the medical system.

Sure, you do need access to a doctor, but that’s not that hard. Again, I write for this in a safety net situation all the time and it’s available. It’s far harder to get monoclonal antibodies. If they were able to get that, but not paxlovid, it’s highly likely they can’t get paxlovid for one of the bazillion drug interactions or kidney issues it has

eta:

here’s the prescribing guidelines. I’ve never prescribed a medicine anywhere close to this many interactions:

Easier than getting antibodies for sure, but you are way overestimating the access the average American has to this drug right now. Yes, you can get it if you are plugged in and determined, but there are a lot of people being told they dont need it or dont qualify or that this office doesnt prescribe the drug. This could be improved with government outreach. Biden has decided the Trump strategy of just dont test and pretend the pandemic is over is the best political solution and Congressional Dems cared more about their local pet projects than further COVID funding, so, what we get is what we get.

I’m don’t think overestimating anything. Again, this is what I do. I’ve prescribed paxlovid to multiple with no PCP or functional insurance multiple times.

Language here is fuzzy, but I think you’re overestimating the evidence for paxlovid in vaccinated healthy people (there’s nothing to support this practice yet - a doctor who says it’s not appropriate is on solid ground) and we’re talking past each other a bit with the terms we’re using. I don’t think getting paxlovid is much more difficult than getting any other medicine in 5 days, which is obviously an issue for large parts of America for other reasons.

It has nothing to do with ‘dont test’ or whatever you’re referencing with Biden. Hell I prescribe paxlovid on the simple oral report of a home test from the patient.

All the wealthy vaccinated healthy people I know have had the absolute easiest time getting Paxlovid. The less well off less healthy people I know have had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it. Thats sort of my point. Like 20% of Americans dont have a regular doctor.

Dont test is just more to the broader point that Biden and Dems are fucking awful on COVID in general and continue to be. Paxlovid just a small part.

I was in the same situation (covid or allergies) at the end of April. Took a rapid antigen test just in case and sure enough it was positive. Symptoms never got worse than a cough every 15-20 minutes + an intermittently runny to stuffy nose. They lasted 3 days.

1 Like

LAX has mask required signs on the doors. Actual mask compliance 50%.

Kansas City airport mask compliance - lol masks

Nah that’s just a function of getting care in general. Not sure how you fix that people with money get better health care. As someone who takes care of whoever comes through the door, I’ve gotten paxlovid in hand for everyone who has asked, which is very different than other meds.