COVID-19: Chapter 10 - Mission Achomlished!

You’re making a huge miscalculation to not factor it in at all. I mean there are studies showing it and there are large reasons to suspect it. To weight it at a likelihood of effectively 0% is ridiculous.

The two studies you posted in the other thread were flawed for the reasons I explained. If you’ve got others, I’ll take a look.

I’d put it at under 1%, so not a lock, but also not quite effectively zero. But you’re definitely close as far as your estimation of what I think.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

North Korea is grappling with the spread of Covid in an unvaccinated population, and without access to effective anti-viral drugs people are being advised to try alternative remedies such as drinking herbal tea and gargling salt water.

For those not seriously ill, ruling-party newspaper Rodong Sinmun recommended remedies including ginger or honeysuckle tea and a willow-leaf drink.

A “thousand of tonnes of salt” had been sent to Pyongyang to make an “antiseptic solution”, the state news agency reported.

It has always been known that vaxxed and boosted people could still get sick, and absolutely no one has claimed otherwise, nor have people bringing up (just) this mundane fact been called anti-vaxx.

Bullshit.

And more bullshit.

The vaccine was extremely effective vs all strains up to and including Delta. Omicron makes it less effective, and the vaccine will be updated (likely this fall) and we’ll see how much protection is restored.

I think the main thing we misjudged was the CDC/FDA’s willingness to speed up the process of approval to get updated vaccines out quickly if needed. That isn’t happening and it’s extremely frustrating.

I’m sure he’ll have an example to prove you wrong just as soon as he’s able to explain what germ theory is. Which is to say, never.

1 Like

As easy as it would be to beat up on victor making shit up again can we not?

1 Like

Easiest cite or ban ever.

TIL when you ignore a user “forever” via the software it isn’t actually forever, just for the next 1000 years.
notification_level=ignore&expiring_at=3022-05-20+08%3A00-07%3A00

4 Likes

lol, can you have also have a word with @CaffeineNeeded about not responding to Churchill?

covid is old news, it’s monkeypox now

This is pretty offensive.

Sadly that’s not a thing here, but it should be.

Tense is big here. It allowed very little transmission prior to Omicron.

Two shots of Moderna were 87% against Delta. With a booster, efficacy was back up to 94%. That’s against infection, not against hospitalization.

No, it’s understanding the science. If a vaccine stops 94% of infection as long as you boost every so often, it’s highly effective at stopping transmission! We get flu shots every year. Some shots work for life, some require boosting, there was always some expectation that we may need boosters.

You’re either failing to understand the science and thus misunderstanding people who are following the science as liars with some motive or just making shit up. Or perhaps the only reason is that you want to battle with the people you don’t like.

5 Likes

Seems like a lot of people who were masking up and being careful (including some of our own) are catching COVID now. Are the new Omicron variants so infectious that an N95 isn’t enough to prevent infection?

https://twitter.com/sczerwas/status/1527340282077130755

1 Like

I think it’s mostly due to people, in general, YOLOing it.

Prior to the last 3-6 months, if you were a fastidious masker, most places you went to had mostly masked people a lot of the time. So you got some of that secondary protection in addition to your own mask.

Now pretty much no one has a mask and lots of people are running around with active COVID without even attempting to isolate. So even if you do mask, your mask has more work to do and that there is a higher chance something slips by.

That’s my pseudoscientific guess. I’ve got no evidence.

it’s important that you know i didn’t read past the first sentence

If I can somehow manage to cite those, will you shut the fuck up about this specific issue forever?