COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

Not sure you have what counts as middles of nowhere in Europe outside of Scandinavia and Russia.

At the end of the day @marty is correct @microbet because most all the holiday home sites in Scotland are in older small communities that have little to no infrastructure including no local transport and extremely small supplies of goodsā€¦

Doctors are miles away and 1 policeman to a village ainā€™t no good.

She should have resigned imo.

The typical village shops would be locals looking to help out the older generation who retire there.

Also most all these places have permanent residency for folks.

The larger more accomadatible parks are closed.

3 Likes

2 Likes

When I was a 32yr old kid with too much cash, I flew into LA and picked up a 40ft motorhome. Headed for Orange County, up to Tahoe, across to SF and down to SD. 2 of us so we needed the 40ft with double slide outs amirite.

Yeah, many older Brits travel south to Cornwall or to Wales in a car towing a ā€˜caravanā€™ and stay 2 weeks in a 10ft x 6ft shed on wheels. Most donā€™t, but many do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Listen Fat, if you endorse Medicare for All this is how many votes you get.

3 Likes

Is that because the creator of a thread is automatically set to watch the thread, something that you can change to tracking or normal or muted on the bell below?

1 Like

:+1:

Surprise surprise, his admission of being wrong comes with a healthy dose of gaslighting. He posted his 4min apology to Twitter. I just watched. Spare yourselves. He says that from day 1 he has always said to listen to Dr. Fauci , and that as soon as Fauci changed his tune about how serious cv19 was, Dr Drew changed course. Obviously that is patently false if you compare Drewā€™s statements and timestamps vs. statements made by Fauci.

1 Like

She is going there expecting her privileged life style she is accustomed to while there is being catered too.

Rich people are not going to these places planning to rough it.

2 Likes

Most resort areas are the same here and only have enough infrastructure in the off-season to support the locals.

1 Like

Caravans as kids are excellent, especially hereā€¦

Loads a space, many adventures + the local shows/Carnivals and show rides + swimming pools etc.

Best holidays of my life tbh. Far better than abroad. :shushing_face:

1 Like

This sounds like my perfect stereotype of a British beach holiday. Mostly base on watching The Open, but also on Bill Bryson.

1 Like

massive downvote

Yeah, it sounds a lot more like a beach in the UK problem than a caravan problem.

1 Like

I love driving but I feel like something that big would take all the fun out of it for me. Especially in crazy country like Utah where it would be downright terrifying.

Always company policy to refer to it as abroad, never your broad

2 Likes

It was a weird choice from my dad, who was usually up for roughing it in the cheapest hotels (pensions) we could find somewhere off the beaten track in France or Spain.

He never tried caravanning again. :grin:

Ahhh you got very unlucky like the 2 weeks we had in a Girvan phone box for 2 weeks as it rained so hard.

My mother has the photos out every year at Xmasā€¦ Me and my brother like 2 drowned eels in cagool.

1 Like

My exposure to them is from British crime shows, and I have to tell you, it seems like thereā€™s a lot of very bad stuff that goes on in those places.

3 Likes