COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

unnamed

5 Likes

Getting away is a bit different in Euroland.

That’s more like it.

I mean visiting twice in ten days doesn’t mean she wasn’t following good social distancing practices. I agree that she should have followed her dumb advice but the problem is the dumb advice imo. It’s not trusting people to make reasonable decisions themselves; don’t bother people properly socially distancing even if they’re driving fifty miles every few days. They should have given guidelines focusing on actual problematic behavior and travel, not dumb paternalistic ones like don’t go to your second home under any circumstances.

1 Like

kinda. I’d prefer a campervan though.

1 Like

It’s the same - they’re the people you want to get away from.

For an American think of it like a hunting trip to the middle of nowhere except you can drink even more and you don’t have to murder an animal for no reason.

8 Likes

Caption… Holiday home for sale

Then you change the dumb advice so that everyone else can get out into the countryside and infect a load of baby-eaters.

1 Like

100% right.

I think in general it is irresponsible for people to travel to typical small resort towns because if they bring the illness there the healthcare infrastructure is likely much worse than where they came from.

It also puts a strain on things like groceries and other supplies and negatively hurts the people who live there all the time as the area is not ready for peak tourist season.

This exact thing is happening in the Hamptons. Rich people went to hamptons, obliterated the stores and if people get sick will overwhelm the medical facilities almost immediately.

Everyone likes to think they are special or they are the exception or they can’t be carrying it.

People should stay the fuck home.

6 Likes

We need government because some people can only be smart if coerced.

1 Like

Definitely regretting making this thread. Not just because the title was so bad but it’s pretty annoying having that 1 appear constantly.

3 Likes

Trumpgif wrong for many reasons.

What “1” are you talking about?

Don’t blame yourself. Someone had to do it.

oh so is that the actual problem? Folks were going to their camper second “home” communities and then just getting blind drunk daily? And then due to the drunken atmosphere they’re obviously not going to properly socially distance themselves. And then this rich doctor lady is going to her actual second home – not a camper hovel, thank you very much – and everyone is all fuck this bitch.

1 Like

Stay at Home order vs ‘Folks were going’

Do Brits always take their caravans to well manicured local parks?

The one and only time I’ve ever stayed in a caravan was a huge mistake my family made , when it rained incessantly and what should have been a beach became a giant mud flat, and we were stuck in this hideous poky little caravan until we decided enough was enough and home was much better.

NEVER
AGAIN

1 Like