COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

For surfaces or for drinking?

22 Likes

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html

1/3rd cup of bleach per gallon of water

2 Likes

1 litre per Homo sapiens.

1 Like

The fact that people consider eating at Chili’s conspicuous consumption is so depressing.

That’s like claiming that Wetherspoons is fine dining.

You get waited on hand and foot by smiling servers who bring you infinite iced tea. The quality is irrelevant. You get the feeling that america (ie you) is still rocking. For most people their only expression of power or really agency of any kind is ordering service workers around in exchange for tips. And the worst part is that because of the ouroboros of capitalism those same service workers exercise their agency by ordering around other service workers on their days off.

3 Likes

He might be thinking they can get away with canceling the election, and he might be right.

1 Like

We have to stop the election until we can figure out what the hell is going on.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the strategy they’ll run with.

Even if there is and he loses he’ll probably barricade himself in his office and call for his supporters to start an armed insurrection against the Dems.

Man the 2020 election is gonna be madness if it happens.

Technically this hasn’t been true since '89, as long as the name you’re selecting is used elsewhere in the world and is not insulting. But I think some of the CZ offices will still make it a pain in the ass for you if it’s not in the “normal” book. (surprise surprise).

On a related note, when my son was born here and we gave him a middle name (middle names are not typical here), the lady in the office snarkily commented: “Oh an extra name? He must be important.”

Goes to show that people stick by that list even though it no longer technically exists because I was told about it 6 months ago.

1 Like

Yeah, the list definitely still exists and is well known. (It also has a funny name like “What is your baby going to be called?”).

And “Name days” being a pretty big deal here definitely help keep that list relevant. And yeah, I bet there’s a tone of CZs who aren’t even aware that they have the right to go off the page, so to speak.

Today in “Why I deleted Facebook,” I present a story in 6 parts. Woke up to news that a guy I used to play PLO with regularly passed away. Would hate to speak Ill of the departed.

Apparently he passed hours after that last post.

4 Likes

Wait am I not supposed to be injecting it??

1 Like

5 Likes

Remove NY from the US graph and it is much much much worse.

Why do all douche bags have douche bag signatures?

You seriously might. I have seen reports of people outside the country getting the stimulus.

This is quite the catch 22. Best source of vitamin D is the sun but in some places you are not supposed to be hanging outside.

On the other hand, we’re going to get so many people sick so quickly, that if immunity is a thing we may be back to normal consumption levels by the holidays.

For what it’s worth, this appears to make a vitamin D deficiency worse than the average comorbidities in other studies. Of course they’re also correlated, realistically.

Most, not all, but most tipped workers treat other tipped workers exceptionally well.

2 Likes