COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

I go back and forth on this, but it kind of still feels like we’re on a slow burn towards major societal collapse.

Wouldn’t a collapse be more likely if everyone was staying inside? If nobody cares then when and why is society collapsing?

Going to second this. Getting this respite, you need to look after yourself. I almost put myself in the ground looking after my parents. I came really close just due to the amount of work it was that never stopped.

So if you can do something for yourself do it.

1 Like

Haha go Costco

2 Likes

Warn her to be cautious and not go out for a while. Remember, the initial wave seemed to have people recovering after initial symptoms only to have it hit even harder about two days later.

If that holds, she might expect a relapse Friday or Saturday.

https://twitter.com/brianklaas/status/1258100376278007809

9 Likes

That discrepancy is just amazing and further evidence it is pointless to try and reach across. The republicans have to be beaten straight up and then crushed.

4 Likes

Jesus, The Washington Times makes The Sun look like The Boston Globe.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1258122747223425024

2 Likes

Anselmian slip

Besides a sporting event, these are bad yes/no questions though.

How are they bad questions? The correct answer for all of them is “no” right now.

2 Likes

This response is of magnitudes worse than 9/11. You’ve had the worst life event since WWII and responded by giving major corporate handouts. The death toll is insane, the unemployment numbers are insane and no other country on earth has both at anywhere near the same levels. There has been a complete failure of government that will be long lasting and the effects will last longer than any event since 9/11.

3 Likes

Welp, the only thing that can be done here is give companies blanket immunity from liability re: covid-19.

2 Likes

I am not convinced that widespread information creates more rational people. In the Age of Facebook, widespread information is accompanied by 10x as much misinformation.

4 Likes

Pretty sure that’s a comedian who creates fake customer service accounts to troll dummies, but it’s still great (Costco’s FB account is just “Costco”).

2 Likes

:heart: :mask: :heart:

30 Likes

Just spitballing here, but maybe the get well soon card should leave out the bloody guillotines…

12 Likes

So in Ohio, our insane trumpkin legislature passed a bill today to basically strip our Health Director, Dr. Amy Acton, of her powers. They’ve made her and, checks notes, Republican governor Mike Dewine out to be boogie men for takin’ muh freedums. Dewine has already said he will veto it. It will be very very close whether they have the votes to override his veto. A woman telling you to wear a mask was just a bridge too far for Ohio.

5 Likes

This is going to get really bad. Like, point of reference as to how bad things are in the US compared to the rest of the world… My friend in Saudi Arabia said she wishes I could come stay there til this is over, because it’s safer. They have a better lockdown and a higher ranked healthcare system.

That’s where we’re at, folks.

There’s a reason we’re always the punch line. The state is a disgrace. I’ll be gone for good within 30 days.