COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

They could take out 90% of our critical pharmaceuticals.

Yeah we can’t even manufacturer PPE year months into this crisis. And that is with help from China. Taking China out of the picture would be a massive hole that would be extremely hard to fill. In any reasonable time frame, impossible.

Not sure why people think we have all the leverage here.

How are people going to hit the lake or beach if they have to do those pesky tests on the weekend?

#Texas1

I wouldn’t believe a 2 bit rag for the TV guide nevermind the rest of their propaganda especially wrt to their NHS coverage.

Are you talking about the Sun? I know nothing about it and found the quote in something linked by someone else and took the opportunity for the joke.

What is the date range of those stats?

Incomplete and only up to the 25th April.

Here’s the link to the actual figures: Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

No mass transit in Vegas.

As far as the heat and humidity theory goes, India still just reporting 1400 deaths.

Yeah Bro it’s our fox news run by the same family

Can’t tell if serious and I don’t know about these murder hornets, but I’d take a hornet in my house over a mosquito any day.

People were terrified of mosquitoes in some seacoast communities in Massachusetts last summer. Wearing headnets and pants and long sleeves around the yard, and staying inside when it started getting dark.

That Coyote dude is full of it. Watch his bullet ant video.

And watch this one:

There’s another one a guy makes who rips on that Coyote guy, but I can’t find it.

1 Like

Don’t we get one of these killer bees, murder hornets whatever stories every few years?

Until murder hornets goes over cancer and heart disease combined who gives a shit.

6 Likes

Yeah the Nicaragua expat forums I follow definitely think it’s worse than that. But Nicaragua is hot as balls and hardly anyone has AC. So they got that.

What if we train the murder hornets to murder the coronavirus?

4 Likes

Re those claims from Pompeo, this is from an article about a leaked Five Eyes intelligence dossier on China’s handling of the virus (probably leaked by the US):

Despite the new claims, the Australian government’s position remains that the virus most likely originated in the Wuhan wet market, with a 5% chance it accidentally leaked from a laboratory, reported the newspaper.

Australia is likely to be the most conciliatory towards China of the Five Eyes, because of our reliance on them as a trading partner. Nonetheless, recently government officials have made some comments about China’s refusal to allow a full investigation which have pissed the Chinese government off. They responded by threatening a trade war and describing Australia as “gum stuck to the bottom of China’s shoe” on state media. So the government here doesn’t appear too scared of antagonizing China. I would definitely take the Australian assessment over Pompeo and co.

1 Like

JFC, the crazies have exploded on social media the last 4-5 days. My fucking grandma, thanks in part to my aunt and uncle being absolute fucking morons and constantly sharing this insane shit, just shared this.

“WELL, WELL, WELL!! Isn’t it just an interesting coincidence that Remdesivir is made by Gilead and is the “CURE” for COVID-19…and here’s where it gets interesting China holds the patent on the drug through an agreement with Gilead’s drug patent sharing subsidiary branch called UNITAID who has an office near Wuhan and you’ll never guess who are the main financial investors in UNITAID…none other than George Soros, Bill & Melinda Gates, and WHO. I know what your thinking! It’s just all a coincidence isn’t it! Oh, don’t let me forget the other coincidence that Gilead and UNITAID were financial supporters of Hillary Clinton. Oh, silly me I forgot one more coincidence Fauci was the one authorizing millions to be sent to The Wuhan Institute of Virology specifically for the “study” of Coronaviruses…I sure am thankful it’s all just coincidences! Nothing to see here just keep moving along…WOW! No wonder Fauci slapped down hydroxychloroquine which has a 92% success rate…he was told to!!
The Best Coincidences are always found when you follow the money.”

She has also shared insane shit about Bill Gates and marking people for satan, and another comparing the plight of wearing a mask, staying at home, and not getting your hair did to the Holocaust. I mean how do I even respond to my grandma without basically saying “How can you be so fucking stupid?”

6 Likes

That’s a pretty impressive stream of argle bargle for a Grandma. Did she copy and paste or do you think she wrote it herself?

1 Like