COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

Well here is a start in Florida with getting real, though it looks like getting the full truth will require some bullshit extraction.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article242446331.html

This is true

Lol I was reading about the murder hornet earlier. All we need is a hornet that can kill humans and shred bee hives with their giant mandibles.

Of course I lived through 30 plus years of killer bee terror, bring on the murder hornet movies.

Looks like he already did.

3 Likes

America’s idea of freedom has always been freedom for me, from not to others. It’s only way to understand how slaveowners could have conceived it all.

4 Likes

Im to the point where my only goal is this.

All these people Willingly infecting themselves get sick in enough numbers it causes my governor to extend the stay at home order.

How many servants do you normally have?

1 Like

I’ve always said that the Pilgrims/Puritans wanted to be free TO persecute. Basically the English kicked the pilgrims out cause they were sticking their nose in other peoples business and then the Dutch did the same.

My wife’s PA roots were quakers that split out to the keithites (7th day baptists). One thing about the quakers- they didn’t care about what you were doing over there, but they’d also you kick you out of the quaker church at the drop of hat if you broke their rules. But to each their own.

Unlike the rest of the early American Christians who wanted to tell you how to live your life and punish you if it didn’t meet their standards.

And by early American I mean 2020 evangelicals.

America’s fascination with freedom is weird. True freedom is actually scary. 99.99% of Americans couldn’t handle true freedom. You wouldn’t have laws to protect the water supply or catastrophic shit like losing your house in a fire. “Oh, you worked 20 years to build your business but lost it all in one day because your business flooded when the hurricane hit last week? Too bad. But now you FREE to start over. Can’t feed your kids or pay your mortgage? You are FREE to move somewhere else.”

These idiots that claim freedom have never had to deal with something horrific in their lives.

8 Likes

Having the part of the country that revels in doubling down on stupid drive us off a cliff the last couple months while the rednecks party on the roof has been pretty crazy.

It’s the post truth world in operation.

All of the rules and methods and tactics that have got the GOP into such a dominant position are all about winning and controlling the narrative. The truth never mattered.

They are now running the same play book, but the truth does matter (I think)

I honestly think from Trump’s standpoint it’s just a Hail Mary, kind of like his initial strategy of ignoring/minimizing it at first was. Dealing with it in any remotely responsible way is gonna be a disaster for him in November regardless, but if he reopens the economy and the stock market rebounds and science binks a miracle vaccine on his watch, he’s saved. He certainly dgaf about the extra 200k people that die if he reopens things and no vaccine/treatment comes around.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/aslavitt/status/1256736767199371264?s=21

Cliffs: Many more tens of thousands of Americans are going to die. Not immediately, but inevitably.

In tough times we skate by with just 5.

3 Likes

What’s great about the lemming myth is that the creatures don’t willingly kill themselves, but instead are thrown to their deaths by their corporate overlords (specifically Disney here)

7 Likes

This is pure insanity.

So you’re telling me one of the greatest early 2D platformers wasn’t an accurate representation of animal behavior?

2 Likes

It’s tough out there. I’ve had to let a stable boy and two scullery maids go.

7 Likes

I decided to Google that city manager because I like the cut of his jib, and just look at this dirty liberal who hates Freedom and The American Way. He’s basically Gavin Newsome!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/norman-mcnickle-81a160128/

Where are their assault rifles?

1 Like