COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

Yup. My state is open for business but I am part of a two attorney practice and we are staying closed at least until June because we could become major Covid vectors and sicken or kill our clients. It is a weird spot to be in.

All of my hearings since mid-March have been on the phone and while I wait in these dockets for my case to get called at least 75% of the other attorneys have their clients physically in their office with them doing the hearing. They are morons but I am probably at a major competitive disadvantage also.

Iā€™m not. This sucks.

Iā€™m obviously staying home, but I really really hate it.

1 Like

When you say young Iā€™m assuming you mean 42.

2 Likes

Illinois the new leader in the clubhouse for daily confirmed new cases! Congrats! At least you did it after we had this thing cured since Trump canā€™t sail the completely contaminated death ship USS Comfort there.

1 Like

Orange County protests:

1 Like

I think a lot of people might be in for a bit of a surprise when they realize that, while the confirmed case number might be relatively flat, ā€œeverywhere but NYā€ is really picking up the slack and things are growing more than the overall case number suggests. And there are a lot more "everywhere but NY"s than NYs.

4 Likes

Meanwhile in OKC we are OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!! One of our malls had a line of unmasked people waiting for it to open. We are all so very fucked.

Boy, waiting in a line, unmasked, at a fucking shopping mall in 2020 during a pandemic ā€œjust to see whatā€™s different.ā€ Thatā€™s itā€™s own tier of asshole.

17 Likes

Knowing her she would say its fine but personally be terrified. This whole thing has her scared and anxious. So I wouldnā€™t put her in that situation.

I dunno Iā€™ll be ok, just gonna be tough. Once we get at home testing I can revisit precautions and maybe getting laid :rofl:

4 Likes

Malls are still a thing in 2020?

3 Likes

Whatā€™s different is all the stores are now out of business.

12 Likes

I went to one last fall because I needed a suit tailored and upon reading reviews, there was a guy with a shop in the mall that was well-regarded. Turned out great!

Also, thereā€™s a Think Geek store in my local mall, which is kind of fun to visit once in a while. But yeah, malls are depressing nowadays.

1 Like

Advantage of not being able to sleep: I checked Walmart.com at 4:00am and they had some TP in stock, so I ordered a couple packs. Already shipped.

I went outside today. It was weird.

I need to mow the lawn this weekend. Iā€™ve done it twice since the shelter-in-place stuff, but itā€™s been a while and I think Iā€™ll need to add a machete to the front of the lawnmower.

2 Likes

This is terrorism. If that dude is shedding virus those cops are going to get it. Period. He should be thrown in jail.

Now letā€™s all just imagine a BLM protestor doing the same thing.

16 Likes

1 Like

NY going to end the day with less than 10% of new daily confirmed cases for the first time since this started. At their peak they were nearly 50%. And we are still nationally close to peak numbers in cases and deaths after 45 days of lockdowns. Nowhere outside of NYC is anywhere near their respective peak.

3 Likes

Can we not do these jokes please?

1 Like

Ja. Iā€™ve even started doing a shopping list for next weeks trip to the supermarket. I can barely contain my excitement.