COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

In for the animal derail

Click my profile pic for two pets!

Dr Doggo will see you now.

15 Likes

If you can’t keep your workers from getting infected, what’s happening with the meat you are producing for the masses?

All these instances where essential workers still working are getting sick should be a giant red flag to those who want to open up the economy.

4 Likes

And this happy news. Sorry for ruining your Saturday. I have not read this yet.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1254042982468276226?s=21

Reading through the vague series of tweets, I took that as more of a “we don’t yet have data proving how much immunity/for how long recovered patients with varying levels of antibodies have”, and to not rush to the conclusion that if you have any COVID-19 antibodies in your blood, you’re wholly protected with a cloak of invulnerability against future infection.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1254054305172094977

https://mobile.twitter.com/dabeard/status/1253900585952313345

2 Likes

Please someone pick up a pooper scooper and put this unrelated dog stuff into its own thread, TIA.

My intention here is absolutely not to make fun of any of these people, but wtf? My brain has a hard time reconciling the following two facts, (1) that a President obviously shouldn’t say to do these things, and (2) there are people out there dumb or suicidal enough to listen to him.

The whole thing is just completely mind blowing.

4 Likes

I hate to even ask what the typical daily incidence of people calling Poison Control in NY regarding drinking of household cleaning products. I assume it’s much greater than zero, but we’d need some more data to know whether this was Trump-related (I’m sure it was).

1 Like

Booo

3 Likes

What next - cute baby pics? Fluffy kittens?

1 Like

That is weird since IMHE model just stopped at 60k. Phrasing it as getting to the final number faster while people keep dying is a huge difference.

Don’t be a grump. It’s a bonding thing.

3 Likes

Bah.

The place for bonding over cute animals is elsewhere. This is the place for bonding over WAAF and are GTD soon.

2 Likes

Bichon frise are pretty hypo allergenic. Also extremely smart. Had a pure breed and half breed bichon for a very long time and they were awesome dogs.

1 Like

This is my biggest concern. We still don’t know so much about how this virus operates but are meerily rushing into recovery.

Quit whinging and figure out how to get your avatar’s doggies a’rollin’.

1 Like

“All libtards dude, just like the fish tank cleaner. Trump told them good!” - things I guarantee you with 100% certainty trump supporters have said and will say.

In the NY Post article it says in the same 18 hour period it was 13 last year, compared to 30 this year. So nearly double, but obviously there is a lot of variance in an exact 18 hour period. Will need to compare results over 30 days at least before we really know if there has been a big spike.

1 Like