COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

I don’t go out at all but I am regularly asking people who do about such things.

I am not sure what I think anymore. I guess I just wildly hope the virus is much more widespread than we knew and thus less dangerous. Otherwise I don’t know.

1 Like

It’s the states job.

Seriously though when you see what the UK is doing and then look at the US it is envarassing

1 Like

Always nice to see Keeed quoting the CCP China-Centric WHO (who OFC are the world authority on this matter)

Are you sure you trust the numbers Keeeeeeed? 70, really ;)

what the fuck is wrong with you?

The latest from Asia

• A Chinese journalist has reappeared in a YouTube video almost two months after he went missing reporting in Wuhan - where the virus outbreak started

• China has pledged an additional $30m to the World Health Organization, one week after President Donald Trump suspended US funding of the body over its handling of coronavirus

Why would any of that matter as to whether or not there are 70 companies working on a vaccine? Or for that matter what if it’s only 50 companies? Does that make any difference?

My grocery bills are insane with four people in the house at all times, but other spending is clearly down.

Aside from my Bucks possibly losing a chance at a title, I haven’t really missed the actual games at all. I miss looking forward to games, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that all of this will really start to affect the production of VR and VR type experiences. Being able to do everything you just talked about for fun, from the comfort of our own homes while spending many multiples less on those experiences is something that once available will be things that people start demanding.

1 Like

WAAF

I believe the numbers. I believe in the WHO.

3 human trial vaccines studies are under way. 1x UK, 1x US and the other somewhere else.

Oxford Uk starting injecting 30-55yr olds today. Mainly care workers as they most likely to be exposed to the virus

just looking at that picture fills me with anxiety

1 Like

Who the fuck is flying from Miami to NYC right now?

1 Like

Snowbirds coming back North.

Wonder who the guy on the bottom right voted for…

6 Likes

5 Likes

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=vaccine&cond=COVID-19&Search=Apply&age_v=&gndr=&type=&rslt=

This lists 52 vaccine clinical trials for COVID-19 - some in recruiting phase, some not yet recruiting. But it at least means they have a vaccine “in development” as keed stated, right?

1 Like

Correct (it was the irony of Keed trusting WHO’s figures on this… pick and chooses when he believes ‘China and their allies’ stats was the point)

And, yes 54-70 in the making, 3 of which are under-going human trials

A bunch in the recruitment phase though.

Is a dinner out a waste? A night at the ballgame, movies, etc? A few drinks at the bar?

I assume that’s the majority of what people are saving - that and gas money. Like plenty of us can cut back on that stuff, but enjoying those things is totally fine IMO as long as you are responsible with your budgeting.

I have a feeling we’ll see a surge in this stuff when things go back to normal, rather than a decrease. Eventually it’ll level back off, and maybe then we see a decline - but I kind of doubt it.