COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

What kind of scenarios are you thinking?

Weā€™re a pissed off irrational populace with a fuckton of guns.

I donā€™t have a specific scenario in mind, but itā€™s not hard to imagine problems.

1 Like

I guess, but still lol choosing a nipple rings chest xray for your story.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve had zero symptoms

6 Likes

Uprisings seem likely. Looking at 30 million + UE.

I think governments will let up on restrictions soon enough before we get to that point. And most people will avoid the high risk/low reward stuff re: Coronavirus exposure on their own.

My dad who is a Trumper sent me the YouTubes of the best way to defend my house with the shotgun he lent me FROM TRUMP SUPPORTERS.

So ya we are definitely drawing live to widespread violence but I still think itā€™s an underdog.

I donā€™t see widespread violence until November. But with the second wave inevitably coming because we are a dumb fucking country, the election is going to have people up in arms.

People have to be running out of money at least somewhat soon. Either that or all the ā€œ70% of Americans couldnā€™t afford a surprise $400 expenseā€ articles were off by a little. Or the stimulus bills actually worked.

I donā€™t know what happened when large amounts of people run out of money though. I guess just not pay rent or other bills? Go to food pantries?

Have no real idea but I can imagine a situation where they ā€œreopen the countryā€ and a huge percentage of those who are out work are like lol eff no Iā€™m not risking my life so Karen can get her nails done.

Not to mention unemployment, assuming the fed portion ever happens, is more lucrative than the jobs probably 90% of people could go back to at this point.

The Grand Re-Opening of America is literally a right wing fantasy meant to prop up the stock market.

Thread on how the South Korean Department of Education is a bunch of badasses. (Cliffs is that in basically two months they built out a national distance learning infrastructure from the ground up including dedicated tv channels for different grade levels, developer a custom app, and provided devices and hotspots to kids who needed them.

https://twitter.com/AskAKorean/status/1252692964326936576?s=19

13 Likes

Yes, if we found out conclusively that those who get it and survive will all lose half their breathing ability the rest of their lives or some other long term bad effects then people would take it 10x more seriously.

It goes from ā€œIā€™m not gonna be unlucky enough to dieā€ to something that will actually affect them.

1 Like

Itā€™s typical for pneumonia survivors to suffer permanent lung scarring. I very much doubt that this will happen to people who only have mild symptoms of COVID, and I donā€™t see much evidence that this is the case.

1 Like

So many weird issues as symptoms and remnants/. Was reading about Covid feet today which is bad, but lasting serious lung damage ratchets this up several levels.

I donā€™t think it will either, at least not a large % of survivors

What Iā€™m saying is that in that hypothetical situation Karen wouldnā€™t be complaining about haircuts and tattoo parlors.

Something bad happening to 80% of people is much scarier to them than actual death to 1% of people.

You know Joe Rogan gives his podcast guests a test and results before the podcast starts? Seems like the wealthy and celebrities can get nearly instant testing but hospital workers have to wait a week.

1. Inso is screwed
  2. Food pantries are low on food and high on massive numbers of people needing food. There really is not room for more people at food pantries.

I think lots of those people already ran out of money. Have you seen the videos of lines for food pantries etc? Miles long, and that was like 1-2 weeks ago.

My guess is tons of people already arenā€™t paying rent and other bills. Lots are borrowing from family. And Iā€™m guessing for a good chunk of people unemployment is helping a lot.

this is the test he uses from twitter

gotta fill out an order request, complete with info from your healthcare provider or of the facility requesting the tests, and thatā€™s no guarantee