COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

Sooooo I’ve had a really sore throat and slight cough since Friday. No fever or shortness of breath, thankfully. I worked Saturday night hoping I’d feel better, but I didn’t so I called out of my shift Sunday.

I called our health care employee Covid hotline, and they basically said “healthcare worker with any positive contacts + any kinds of symptoms at all = reason to get tested.”

So I went and got swabbed, now I’m waiting 2-7 days to hear back. I’m isolating at home and cleared my work schedule through at least next Thursday.

I still FEEL fine, just my voice is really hoarse and husky, and the sore throat’s annoying.

So I guess I’m just gonna play a ton of Halo and microstakes PLO and wait for the call

35 Likes

https://twitter.com/erikbryn/status/1252601195731906563?s=19

4 Likes

I detest Lindsay Graham.

Ugh. Although this is slightly more optimistic than the headline:

To what extent long-term effects remain on the lungs is unclear according to the doctor and is currently speculative. “We don’t know how much of the changes will last,” said the doctor. When looking at the findings, however, it is difficult “to believe in complete healing”. He therefore published an interim report in the diving magazine “Wetnote” to warn active divers. “After a Covid infection, even if you have only mild symptoms, you should definitely have a dive doctor examine you thoroughly, even if you still have an upright medical examination,” said Hartig.

3 Likes

We are not yet during the worst of it

1 Like

Wanna trade? We get Macron, you get Trump. I’m willing to throw in a Pence, a Kushner, three young stable geniuses and five idiots to be named later. Also you can have some of our smartest business minds too, to sweeten the deal. Maybe a Musk and a Zuckerberg? I’d even be willing to take Le Pen off your hands in the deal and stash her in the cabinet somewhere if it gets this thing done.

2 Likes

Why take half measures? Go big or go home.

5 Likes

My wife started getting same symptoms today along with feeling unusually tired. If she feels bad tomorrow she is getting tested. She’s a respiratory therapist too. Good luck, hope you feel better.

28 Likes

Some places in Atlanta have already announced that they are not re-opening on Friday. So at least not everyone is crazy.

I’m sorry to hear that. Wishing you well.

The Wim Hof method

It’s unconscionable that anybody (but especially somebody in your situation) has to wait this long to get a test result. :rage:

2 Likes

How can it be that I’m the first to comment on the nipple rings?

I honestly think the country is going to just say fuck it come summer and definitely fall. People simply aren’t going to live like this for more than a few months.

That’s what I’ve been saying, and I’ve recently confirmed it by thinking about it.

I’m wondering how this doesn’t get violent.

So far, so good with the exposure you had a couple weeks ago?

The picture is from something completely different.