COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

This would also seem to support the efficacy of even rudimentary masks.

I think a lot of us are fairly old 22 accounts. I have a 2004 reg date.

1 Like

Yeah I remember you from the good ol STT days too. Man those things were pillow soft. 20% ROI at the $55s and now Iā€™m not even sure I could consistently beat $16s

$16s got ridiculous with the massive multitablers for a while. After PP died the $60s on Stars got bad too except on weekends. I had a sweet spot on the $38s for a while.

I was never that good but kept grinding to get better - just enough to stay profitable as the games got tougher. My proudest poker accomplishment.

Meanwhile I watch people like pudge go from grinding the same SNGs as me to poker fame.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know jman on 22. Everything Iā€™ve said is evident from his posting here, and itā€™s not hard to see.

If there arenā€™t many with a wider world view in the US than him, then it really is all over for you. I hope and believe, from most of the other posters here, thatā€™s not the case.

PhD in physical chemistry dude I knew was very down to earth. Otoh, he died from throat cancer after smoking most of his life so idk.

1 Like

Wait whoā€™s pudge irl

Sam Greenwood.

Holy crap seriously? Thatā€™s awesome. Good for him

All 3 Greenwood brothers are killer players. Max was InYaFace or something like that. And the little bro was Eagles.

Iā€™ve been out of the poker scene for too long apparently

There are a ton of others who got their start in SNGs - Robl, Bonomo, David Benefeld, Galfond - a bunch of others with massive success but maybe not household names.

Pudge is the only one I started with at the same level on PS though. So him going on to glory always reminds me that I suck at the pokerz.

I remember when sngs were first essentially solved. It was like having an ATM in my living room. Man I miss those days.

4 Likes

There were two people that regularly played the same games as me when I started: Cha59 and FutureDoc, FutureDoc got coaching from Max Greenwood and went from $10 SNGs to NL $10/20 and maybe $25/$50. Then he scammed some people and disappeared. (At least I think that was his name. I donā€™t want to disparage the wrong person.)

Iā€™m still friends with Cha but itā€™s hard because of his politics. I love the guy though.

Iā€™ll be remembering the glory days of online poker for the rest of my life. Wild times. I remember the first time I made $1000 in a day and decided to buy the fancy Miss Vickies potato chips instead of the Albertsonā€™s store brand.

11 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1251913398801096704

Iā€™ve been watching old PCA and EPT tourneys and David Benefield being mild mannered and low key is the most surprising thing ever.

Thousands of people are going to die because of this dumb COVID conspiracy shit, just unbelievable.

Iā€™ve never talked politics with cha, but I have done some powerlifting (sorta) in his basement in Minnesota. He is the strongest person of a certain age in the state or something like that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1251932809889013761

3 Likes