COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

He’s a strong dude. Pretty sure he wins nationwide comps in his age group. But trust me, don’t bring up politics with him lol. He’s also the person that informed me of your massive egg breaking grip strength. He was very impressed.

That’s a great visual to really drive it home.

I went to commerce with raptor when he was 17.

All the old chemists smoked and had the shakes. One prof wrote the acetate film with wax pencil and it was not legible. (I’m old)

Of course they also smelled and tasted everything it seems. Washed their hands in toxic solvents.

Hubris.

1 Like

11 Likes

I just dicked around online with minimal deposits and went busto in 2007. A couple of months later I got some $90 bonus to come back. Mind you I was mostly playing limit. Heater of all heaters. At the end I was playing short handed 30/60. Peak at 17k. Cashed 14k that year. Then maybe pulled out another 2k until things went dark. Obviously stopped the high stakes as the real donk hunters descended. Compared to them I was a donk. Just a solid TAG that can LAG on occasion.

If anyone has Pennsylvania poker stars know how shoot me a message. I tossed my live bankroll few $k into the family pot since I’m earning $0. I will replenish when the worm turns. But killing some time playing low dollar sngs sounds fun.

We are running the 1918 playbook step by step. Just like the FBI in Die Hard.

https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/1251936242834563073?s=21

3 Likes

We had a Chinese post doc back in the 80s who smoked like a chimney and spoken no understandable English. He was probably 35-40 and looked 60.

When new people started I’d tell them to see what smoking does to you- see that guy? He is 25.

In hindsight I’m sure he went through some awful stuff in the 70s in China. One guy had to stop his doctorate there and drove a cab for 15 years before getting out and his degree here at 40.

Back to back posts there is a nice touch.

5 Likes

I bet her husband is a trump supporter who was at work when this was taken.

1 Like

My wife has a PhD. Cab driver might not have been a bad career alternative.

2 Likes

I think he’s working on his master’s now, but with enough support I’m sure he’ll get there!!!

1 Like

Pretty sure several board members have advanced degrees of some kind.

I honestly think the graduate system is in many cases as bit of a scam. People spends lots of money, or at best lose tons of earning time, when it commonly just isn’t worth it.

2 Likes

Ya I think a large number. I have an MS but kind of a half ass one - I did all of my degrees as a continuing ed student. I think Wookie has a PhD. Maybe Trolly too?

I was never very good at poker, mostly because I could never pull the trigger on stuff I knew was correct.

I was only good enough pre BF to win up to 1/2 NL but if I’d known what was coming I’d have put a shed load more hours in. I loved Doyle’s room and the others on that network wtf it was called.

Paradise Poker pre-UIGEA ftw imo. I could play several levels above my normal limits on that site.

Some get away with it some don’t. My Dad stopped when his bronchia collapsed twice in the same night at age 49. He is 90.

My mom quit 5 years later when she needed hormone replacement. She made it to 88.

My son quit in his late 20s when he became a father.

If you really enjoy it go ahead it’s your decision. I am glad I’m not having to breathe it in indoor spaces anymore. I remember really struggling as a sickly kid with the smoke in the car.