COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

Wendys chicken sandwich GOAT.

1 Like

As compared to other fried chicken, or do you just not like fried chicken? Domestically, I find the breading to be sad and limp, and the seasoning to be non-existent. In Asia I thought it was notably crispier and more flavorful, but still not comparable to Popeyes.

1 Like

This. Can’t remember the last time I had KFC. Actually I can - it was in Costa Rica. I wouldn’t know if it was better than the US since I never eat it.

It was still good when I was a kid though. Everything got much crappier since then.

I ate it recently when they introduced some wings…

Even as a Kentuckian…

Might be the worst wings I’ve had.

There is no thread that cannot be derailed by FF. I think especially chicken sandwiches. I don’t chick-fil-a lately, but they are pretty damn good. Popeyes sandwich that everyone went nuts for was also damn good. Boston Market chicken sandwich pretty damn good too. Wendy’s too. I guess I like chicken sandwiches.

1 Like

Can someone help me out here? It would seem to me that these people think the virus is no big deal, but then their god-king Trump is on TV every day saying how bad it is and telling everyone to stay home and social distance (finally).

So, it would stand to reason that they would be upset with Trump for doing stuff which they perceive to be useless and at the same time disrupting their lives. Yet, to a man, they are all ardent Trump supporters.

I realize the thinking is not strong in these folks. But why are none of them upset with Trump. How do they rationalize it. I know it’s not a good reason, but there has to be something they must tell themselves.

If your in scotland anytime go to a local fish and chip shop and buy fried chicken, very unhealthy & worth every bite.

That skin… Never tasted something so good.

I wouldn’t know because there are no Popeyes near me and it sounds like the lines are insane to get one. Do they have it all the time now?

Pollo Campero also very good. Chik-fli-a 3rd behind them and Wendys.

Only one we got is KFC :disappointed_relieved:

Dam if I get Corona 1 you peeps is posting me a Popeyes chicken sandwich

In Hawaii there’s an expression “chicken skin kind” that means something is really good.

2 Likes

I think the hype is well past by now and you can safely just show up and order a chicken sandwich without drama. The chicken filet is crispy (essential imo), well seasoned, and most importantly, hudge.

I have heard the menu is often quite different outside the US.

classic 1984 doublespeak

The worst part is it is no fucking joke. There is a large significant portion of America that actively participates in this. And they come out to vote every election

One of the many small ways in which COVID-19 has fucked me over is in my pursuit of the Popeye’s chicken sandwich. The only Popeye’s in my area is far from where I live, but on the way to the airport. While I want to try it, it’s not something I’d really go out of my way to do. There are plenty of closer, non-FF places that make a really great fried chicken sandwich.

However, an opportunity came up. I had a trip planned in mid March and I booked a flight that would let me leave work, hit Popeye’s, and make it to the airport with just enough time to board. Thanks to COVID-19 that never happened. Fucking coronavirus.

4 Likes

I think it mostly boils down to that they are against anything that a lefty would agree with.

2 Likes

Fish and chips at Blue Lagoon = gross
Fish and chips at The Crystal Palace= way better

1 Like

Not Instacart obviously, but lots of stores pick from a DC, not from a public store.

I definitely +1 this. I’ve always hated insurance and resent it very much. I didn’t have it when it wasn’t provided to me until I had kids. Having kids, there’s almost nothing I wouldn’t give up to keep it though. The chance that something would go wrong and failing to have insurance would be the difference between my kids getting help and not is so terrible that I would bankrupt myself and my future for it without a second thought. Even more than rent and food, health insurance is the yoke.

3 Likes

stores have limits now so I’m not really sure how is “working with neighbors” supposed to work?