COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

FYI Raab is another fucking idiot but lacks the appeal Johnson has to the general public.

Probably nominated as deputy PM to keep Gove out, who tried to knife Johnson in the back very publicly not so long ago

Yeah maybe someday when my FJ dies. But weā€™re married for life at this point.

Also fucking Ford man - I get to make constant repairs part fo the adventure.

And the way American cars bog down for like a half-second before actually accelerating bugs the crap out of me every time I have to drive one. They all do it - from the 70s to now. Itā€™s weird.

Look, the Honey Monsterā€™s 55 and rather corpulent, by all accounts at least a moderately heavy drinker, too. A certain number of people with the 'rona in that cohort are going to die. Why shouldnā€™t I root for one of them to be the Honey Monster to implicitly spare some random schlub?

2 Likes

I think we (WA) have factored in the nursing home folks. The puget sound region has been on lock down forever, and really responded pretty strongly when CV ran itā€™s way through the nursing home in Kirkland.

I think most of the rest of the state though isnā€™t taking things seriously.

My county (Thurston), population ~300,000, has 67 confirmed cases with 1 death (80+ year old). I have a few contacts at the local hospitals and they hospitals have been holding up okay so far.

1 Like

Maybe? The alternative to being stuck on a small island catering to 2 guests might be getting stuck on that same small island without a job.

My actual suggestion would be to not assume you know whatā€™s best, because you donā€™t. Asking the people there what you should do seems like a much better way to approach the situation than making demands when youā€™re in a foreign country and culture.

2 Likes

Shocked that Boris Johnson is only 55 years old.

1 Like

Every Northern Irishman has this right, I couldnā€™t begin to understand you guys pain and suffering at the hands of these monstersā€¦

1 Like

Sounds like the owners of that resort really did the right thing and are paying the staff for two extra weeks of quarantine after the guests left

1 Like

Yeah heā€™s had a really hard life. Mountains of coke and lakes of champagne take it out of a boy.

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe this is the kick up the backside that he needsā€¦

Okā€¦ Iā€™ll see myself out.

:flushed:

Holy fuck. Most shocking news of the year to me.

NHS London Nightingale is plusher than this (Fed sends campbeds - z-beds). Ventilators the minute you need them folks but stockpile

Photos of largest US emergency hospital

With 2,500 beds, the emergency hospital that has been set up in New York Cityā€™s Javits Center is being described as the largest emergency field hospital everywhere in the US.

The hospital has been built by the Army Corp of Engineers and is being manned by camouflaged troops as well as city health workers.

Got the flag thouā€™

1 Like

I was watching a video on YouTube, donā€™t judge me, and an Ad for the Oklahoma Bureau of Tourism came up.

So, basically, death panels. (Not that I disagree.)

https://twitter.com/natashaldaly/status/1246900371706036228

:flushed:

wait what?

2 Likes

What did they advertise? Even in normal travel times, Oklahoma would be well outside my top 200 places Iā€™d like to go.

Oh ffs someone needs to break quarantine to go to the hospital and slap the fucking oaf.

1 Like

I had to tell my parents where that care home was, as its too close to them for my liking, even the local papers got the address/Area wrong and most had it as Steppsā€¦ When Stepps Rd is not in Stepps but 3 miles further away.

There shocked at where it is.

Iā€™m expecting more carehome news soon, as there are around 20 carehome in a 5 mile radius of it. Maybe more.

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I think they showed a lake, maybe some big rock and a few other so what things. Iā€™ve never considered Oklahoma a travel destination and I live in North Texas and went to the University of Oklahoma for a bit.